• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For the practical paper, if our titre volumes are each with a difference of 0.1 with the previous, which one to include for our average volume. lyk if we have 20.4, 20.2 and 20.3 cm^3?

Reaction score
For the practical paper, if our titre volumes are each with a difference of 0.1 with the previous, which one to include for our average volume. lyk if we have 20.4, 20.2 and 20.3 cm^3?
Take any combination eg. 20.4 and 20.3 or 20.3 and 20.2. But the best way is to add all three and divide by 3. :)

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the shifting of the equilibrium to left or right? :/
I am so confused about it.
Do we mean the page wala left or right or the actual left or right
and is the product side wala arrow shifting to the right o_O
Someone pleeeeeeease help!!! :'(

Reaction score
Reaction kinetics:
are these the only equations:?

Rate= k x conc.

rate = change in conc./ change in time

????? or is there anything im missing cuz it feels like it when i answer the papers and the MS don't really help me out much with this either. Thank you

Reaction score
Does anyone have a summary of everything we need to know for analytical chem? IF so please do post, thank you

Reaction score
an sum1 plzzz help in these questionss....i dont get how electrode potentials increases or decreases when u increase conc of of the reactants..these are the papers.q3 of oct/2010/41 and q5c of oct/2010/43

Reaction score
an sum1 plzzz help in these questionss....i dont get how electrode potentials increases or decreases when u increase conc of of the reactants..these are the papers.q3 of oct/2010/41 and q5c of oct/2010/43
Don't worry. This type of question will never come out again. Trust me. ;)

Reaction score
pls some one tell me at the end of this page there is a question in this summary ....... related to this:
saudha said:
how do u get a ketone and a carbon dioxide in addition to 2 methyl propane...with hot concentrated KMNO4
Amy farvin said:
i too dont get it,to explain u.. :( if anyone knowz plz help us... :(
I didnt check the link but basically if an alkene has two hydrogens on one end and two alkyl groups on the other, when hot conc KMnO4 is added, the double bond breaks, the side with the two alkyl groups turns into a ketone .. and the side with the two hydrogen groups gets oxidised into CO2 and H2O

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the shifting of the equilibrium to left or right? :/
I am so confused about it.
Do we mean the page wala left or right or the actual left or right
and is the product side wala arrow shifting to the right o_O
Someone pleeeeeeease help!!! :'(

eeee da products are on ur ryt syd in an equation
eg: 2Na+ Cl2 ---> 2NaCl
NaCl is da product formed here and Na and Cl are da reactants. for pressure, count da number of moles 2 know where da equilibrium shifts.here Na is 2 and 1 of Cl so total number of moles here are 3.and da products moles are just 2 so if pressure increases, equilibrium shifts 2 NaCl ie right syd cz there r less nmbr of moles there.
for concentration,if conc of NaCl is increased, equ. wil shift 2 da left syd ie Na + Cl (reactants) syd.lykwise if conc of NaCl is decreased or Na (or Cl) increased,equ will shift 2 da ryt syd 2 minimise da effect
for temperature its easier to learn just 1 variable lyk if rctn is exo,increacing temperature shifts equ. 2 da reactnats syd... if its endo, increasing temp shifts equ 2 da products syd and vice versa for decreasing temp

hope u understand:)if dont always welcum 2 ask again

Reaction score
can ny1 tell me what are the important aspects or topics should i cover for the Bio-chemistry?
nd plz dont say me the syllabus just some of the most frequently asked sections!! pls

Reaction score
eeee da products are on ur ryt syd in an equation
eg: 2Na+ Cl2 ---> 2NaCl
NaCl is da product formed here and Na and Cl are da reactants. for pressure, count da number of moles 2 know where da equilibrium shifts.here Na is 2 and 1 of Cl so total number of moles here are 3.and da products moles are just 2 so if pressure increases, equilibrium shifts 2 NaCl ie right syd cz there r less nmbr of moles there.
same goes for concentration,if conc of NaCl is increased equ. wil shift 2 da left syd ie Na + Cl (reactants) syd.
for temperature its easier to learn just 1 variable lyk if rctn is exo,increacing temperature shifts equ. 2 da reactnats syd... if its endo, increasing temp shifts equ 2 da products syd and vice versa for decreasing temp

hope u understand:)if dont always welcum 2 ask again

Omg thankyoooou!!
that helped a lot!! :')

^^ could you please tell me why though? isnt exothermic bond formaton? so then why does it shft to the reactants side :/

Reaction score
Omg thankyoooou!!
that helped a lot!! :')

^^ could you please tell me why though? isnt exothermic bond formaton? so then why does it shft to the reactants side :/
no i dont think theres dis sort of explanation for dis...we just need 2 learn which syd is favoured by increasing or decreasing da temperature...btw i edited my post for concentration..plz chck :)