• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
in 36 spontenously means 'by itself' it means that unlike SO2→SO3 which needs a catalyst it happens naturally. so it must be NO→NO2
Nitrogen has two of it's electron bonded. rest of the three are like 2 paired and one unpaired.

39:
in (2) the ester will hydrolyse to form ethanoic acid and methanol. in (3) the nitrile will hydrolyse with alkali to make CH3CO2 and with H+ it will make ethanoic acid too. in (1) substituition or elimination will take place with aqueous OH

Reaction score
Someone please explain these 3 to me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Reaction score
in 36 spontenously means 'by itself' it means that unlike SO2→SO3 which needs a catalyst it happens naturally. so it must be NO→NO2
Nitrogen has two of it's electron bonded. rest of the three are like 2 paired and one unpaired.

39:
in (2) the ester will hydrolyse to form ethanoic acid and methanol. in (3) the nitrile will hydrolyse with alkali to make CH3CO2 and with H+ it will make ethanoic acid too. in (1) substituition or elimination will take place with aqueous OH

Thanks alot

Reaction score
the same questions are asked again and again.
27:
the alcohol is tertiary and have a chiral carbon with least number of carbons: so chiral carbon has one CH3 one OH one C2H5 and one C3H7 attached to it. this is the only way to make the n smallest and still have a teriary alcohol with chiral carbon
8:density depends on Mr. the average Mr of D looks high as it has highest percentage of CH3.
24:
CH3CHO→CH3CH(OH)CN->CH3CH(OH)CO2H→CH3CH(OH)CO2CH3(esterification)

Thank you so much suchal riaz! :D and sorry for bothering you.

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/... AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_w11_qp_12.pdf
Q26 (A), Q30 (A)

THANK YOU SO SO MUCHHHHHH!! please help :D

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s12_qp_12.pdf
Q6-c ( i got D 21.6 i did the calculation twice got 0.06 mol 7dm^3 and temp 303 n calcultaed it using them )
Q20-c (plz write the calculation)
Q24-A ( octene ha c8h18 so wen it cracks the products will add up to be with in the molecular formula of octene ryt)
Thanks.
number of moles = 0.96/32=0.03 moles
P=nRT/V=.03moles*8.31*(273+30)K / 7000x10^-6 m²=10.7KPa

Reaction score
How is it against the Term and Rules ??!.............Many people have a signature like this
Also..there is a better way to ask me to remove it :)
i was requesting you to remove it and also telling you about rules. i wasn't threatening you. if you won't remove it then go ahead do whatever but don't waste my time i have to solve doubts of other people.

Reaction score
i was requesting you to remove it and also telling you about rules. i wasn't threatening you. if you won't remove it then go ahead do whatever but don't waste my time i have to solve doubts of other people.
Is this POLITE way to reply ??!
Just think and answer ur self . Dont reply here cuz this is for CHEMISTRY DOUBTS
ANYWAY, I will remove RESPECTING THE RULES :)

Reaction score
Chill out man
You do realise that the rules also state that no user can act as a moderator

You should have just requested him and not brought rules in.
Peace now!
GCE As and a level bro please remove the pic if possible or otherwise make it a bit smaller.thanks :)

Reaction score
all C=C can show cis-trans
it's more like permutation of mathematics.
first C=C can be cis and trans, second can be either, third can be either
there are two arrangements for first, two for second and two for third: 2*2*2=8
how do you know about permutation that much you dont even take stats
but great trick there i didn't realize it myself (y)(y)