• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Water is added to anhydrous aluminium chloride to make a 0.1 mol dm-3 solution.
Which observations are correct?
1 The reaction is endothermic.
Why this statement is incorrect?

Reaction score
Water is added to anhydrous aluminium chloride to make a 0.1 mol dm-3 solution.
Which observations are correct?
1 The reaction is endothermic.
Why this statement is incorrect?
Enthalpy change of hydration is always exothermic, not sure, but till now I have not come up with a question of it with Endothermic. If u know some reaction that is endothermic do lemme know!! Thanks.

Reaction score
Enthalpy change of hydration is always exothermic, not sure, but till now I have not come up with a question of it with Endothermic. If u know some reaction that is endothermic do lemme know!! Thanks.
Why this is enthalpy change of hydration instead of enthalpy change of solution? Thank you !

Reaction score
Why this is enthalpy change of hydration instead of enthalpy change of solution? Thank you !
enthalpy of change hydration is the enthalpy change when "gaseous atoms" dissolve in water while enthalpy of solution is when "ionic compound' dissolves in water.. u can check whats going in your question and relate.

Reaction score
help plzdkvcmkde.PNG
this is a paper 5 question, that means no application booklet, so how am i supposed to write the equation without it

Reaction score
hey!!
can someone please explain this:
When a sample of HI is warmed to a particular temperature the equilibrium below is established.
2HI(g) H2(g) + I2(g)
At this temperature, it is found that the partial pressure of HI(g) is 28 times the partial pressure of H2(g). What is the value of Kp at this temperature?
A 1.28 × 10–3
B 0.035
C 28
D 784
The answer is A.
Thank you!!

Reaction score
hey!!
can someone please explain this:
When a sample of HI is warmed to a particular temperature the equilibrium below is established.
2HI(g) H2(g) + I2(g)
At this temperature, it is found that the partial pressure of HI(g) is 28 times the partial pressure of H2(g). What is the value of Kp at this temperature?
A 1.28 × 10–3
B 0.035
C 28
D 784
The answer is A.
Thank you!!
P^2(HI) = (28)^2
P(H2) = 1
P(I2) = 1
Kp = P(H2).P(I2) / P^2(HI)
Kp = A

Reaction score
When I solve recent years past papers that is from 2007 to 2015(summer) summer and witner both I use to score always above 50. Now when I look into old years like this paper I ended up at the score of just 46. I have so many doubts in this paper. If anyone can help me out solving, Q1(c)(d), Q2(c)(d), Q5(c), Q7(b)(c) in Q7(b) arent answer in ms for uses of esters? Please do it as soon as possible. Also, When I was solving papers I found that mostly moles thingy are in summer papers, in winter papers its mostly inorganic part and theory. Am I correct? Should I expect 2015 november paper to be easier with moles thingy??

Thank you,
Regards,
XPC member,
The Sarcastic Retard
imma do you still need them?

Reaction score
can someone please explain question 37 in this paper

Attachments

• 9701_s15_qp_12.pdf
    162.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
12203931_1690320087856723_771359864_o.jpg