• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry V1 (discussion)

Reaction score
I did that one the same as you..I was mentionibg other-trusted points of views...
That polymers question is wat i am talking about...
A polymer cant belong to the homologus series of alkenes
it is actually called enol and i pasted a link here, it said it is an alkene group and an alcohol group

Reaction score
what was the answer for the question which had sodium chloride and be seperated from when dissoved in water and also the planet question which gasses were present in more percentage nitrogen and oxygen or oxygen and Co2

Reaction score
what was the answer for the question which had sodium chloride and be seperated from when dissoved in water and also the planet question which gasses were present in more percentage nitrogen and oxygen or oxygen and Co2
da planet one ws CO2 & oxygen....da sodium chloride one i dont rmbr...

Reaction score
Yah but see they asked us about the concentration of acid and they said the student wanted to change it so every time we obviously have to measure the amount...it was also in one of the past papers no? Anyways it's okay I was also confused about this one and even if we get it wrong it's just one mark.

could u plz give me a link to the past paper with that question :)
And yes yr right its only 1 marks.....

Reaction score
You said it functional group but NOT HOMOLOGUS SERIES...

yea but if it has 2 functional groups then the same reason why it has both the charecteristics of the homologuous series.....so to be precise the answer should be a different homologuous or no homologuous but since there was no option of no homologuous its both

Reaction score
yea but if it has 2 functional groups then the same reason why it has both the charecteristics of the homologuous series.....so to be precise the answer should be a different homologuous or no homologuous but since there was no option of no homologuous its both
They should also have same general formula..There was an option of none..According to your sayings,ethanol belongs to alkanes and alcohols ???Absolutely no..

Reaction score
They should also have same general formula..There was an option of none..According to your sayings,ethanol belongs to alkanes and alcohols ???Absolutely no..

there was an option of none?!?!?!? then I think I got that one wrong :*(

Reaction score
there was an option of none?!?!?!? then I think I got that one wrong :*(
There was and i dunno if what i said is right or no,but i guess,hopefully..It surely cant be alkene since polymers are saturated..

Reaction score
There was and i dunno if what i said is right or no,but i guess,hopefully..It surely cant be alkene since polymers are saturated..

do u remember any other questions? I think I lost about 3 marks....hope I still get an A*