• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemo P5 tips

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s10_qp_52.pdf
Question 1 part c......smbody tell me what to use to heat the solution bt not to overheat.....and how to position the thermometer
aslo dint understand positioning of thermometer

Anti bumping Granules are added to prevent over heating..

The rough edges of an anti-bumping granules prevent bumping when you boil a liquid.
When you boil a liquid in a vessel,bubbles of vapour form around rough areas.
If a liquid is boiled in very clean, smooth glassware it can be difficult for bubbles of vapour to form. Suddenly, one large bubble of vapour forms disturbing the boiling liquid violently. This causes bumping, and is hazardous.
So to avoid this bumping you need to add anti-bumping granules.

Reaction score
Seeing as paper 5 counts for 12% of the overall A-Level, could I still manage an overall A in chemistry if I got something like a C in paper 5? I got an A in AS.

Reaction score
Guys, I would be eternally grateful if someone could upload their solved paper 5s, because I'm really having a problem with understanding the mark schemes. Please!!

Reaction score
I got one!
clip_image002_thumb32.jpg

Reaction score
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

Well...can somebody tell me the normal apparatus available in the lab...i mean their volumes...cuz we have to mention the volumes of the apparatus we use..right?
like 250cm^3 beaker etc..?! plz......:unsure:

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

Well...can somebody tell me the normal apparatus available in the lab...i mean their volumes...cuz we have to mention the volumes of the apparatus we use..right?
like 250cm^3 beaker etc..?! plz......:unsure:
250cm3 beaker
100cm3 conical flask
16cm3 test tube
25cm3 boiling tube
100cm3 graduated gas syringe
0-100 degree Celsius graduated thermometer

Reaction score
Reaction score
extremeranger
plz can u solve my doubt on the other thred i have posted...tips for bio,chem ,phy p5...
From your graph, you find the mass/100g (solubility) at T= 85C and then the mass at T=35C
Divide both masses by 2 because in the graph, the solubility is in mass/100g and in the question we'r dealing with 50g of potassium chlorate. So now subtract the 2 masses and you get the mass that precipitates out during the temp change.

Reaction score
From your graph, you find the mass/100g (solubility) at T= 85C and then the mass at T=35C
Divide both masses by 2 because in the graph, the solubility is in mass/100g and in the question we'r dealing with 50g of potassium chlorate. So now subtract the 2 masses and you get the mass that precipitates out during the temp change.
ohhh ok..soin the graph its out of 100...i didnt see that part...thanks...