• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
But why will paid dividends appear as a note? isn't it supposed to be proposed? and aren't paid recorded in the A/c's so there's no need of showing them as a note?

Because they need to appear in September notes ... i think as a reminder!!

Reaction score
But why will paid dividends appear as a note? isn't it supposed to be proposed? and aren't paid recorded in the A/c's so there's no need of showing them as a note?

No you are not getting the point. It is not paid up dividend but dividend proposed to be paid on that period company can pay it or accrue it according to their wish.

Reaction score
Because they need to appear in September notes ... i think as a reminder!!
so basically proposed dividend is shown as a note in the month in which they're supposed to be paid and paid dividends are shown in the notes in the period in which they are paid?

Reaction score
so basically proposed dividend is shown as a note in the month in which they're supposed to be paid and paid dividends are shown in the notes in the period in which they are paid?

As Saiyan also mentioned. It is not paid up dividend but dividend proposed to be paid on that period company can pay it or accrue it according to their wish.

Reaction score

Yes see IAS-10, this is an application of adjusting event.

Reaction score
Most of the MCQs are focused on the IAS if you observe, so we all must have a very clear concept about all the IAS.

Reaction score
Reaction score
wajiman and MnMz are you anticipating a hard exam. I am already sweating with nervousness.

lol bro what he gave in p4, this will be nothin compared to it, and i made a hell of a silly mistakes in p2 + p4, dunno how ? :/

so chill
smoke.gif