• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
3.(a) How would you ensure that all members of an organization are working towards the achievement of the same objective?
MBO management by objective
the top management or the higher level of hireacry in the business organizational structure should make a clear aim, and set SMART objectives for each department and likewise, each department should give clear targets to its employes,

Reaction score
can someone tell me the uses of cash flow forecast?
give a forecast of future cash inflows and outflows and identifies periods with negative cash flow in advance , so that additional finance can be arranged for that period.
it is part of business plan, which businesses , specifically new businesses, have to show in order to get a loan form a bank.

Reaction score
1. Evaluate the factors that the owners of a rapidly expanding pvt would consider before deciding whether to apply for a conversion to a plc. HELP?

i got 15/15 for the answer to this question for my school test. :D
first briefly define a pvt, some of its advantages and a little more of its limitations. then define a plc, its benefits (more of these here. you'll need to relate them to an expanding business) and finally the factors that need to be considered when converting into a plc e.g. loss of ownership, less privacy, many legal formalities..etc. for evaluation, just write whether for an expanding business being a plc would be better. you can mention that 'going public' would generate more finance, thus helping in the growth of the firm. but if the owners wish to hold authority then maybe converting wont be such a great idea.

Reaction score
Can anyone explain me corporate culture and how link it with leadership???

corporate culture is the working habits and attitudes of the staff, as well as the leadership and managerial styles of the managers. to link them together, remember this: the leadership style of a manager of a certain business would depend on its corporate culture. that is, the behaviors of the employees..and the nature of the work itself. for instance, if a job requires immediate action and strict supervision, autocratic leadership style may be best for it. similarly, if the staff of a business are fairly inexperienced and young, they'd need a paternalistic leader who would guide them through, and would be concerned enough to make the decisions that would be in the best interests of the workers.
hope this helped.

Reaction score
Can anyone explain me corporate culture and how link it with leadership???
corporate culture is the belief and attitude held by managers and leaders of an organization which influences their decision making. Leadership is an important factor in determining it. For e.g if leaders are honest then a culture of honesty would be attached to the organisation as juniors follow the same path

Reaction score
show me if it is in AS SYLLABUS!

yes, i know i have not seen it in there.
but the text book says its there for the AS examination, there are people here who are concerned about it...and it aint that a huge topic. it is just a tiny concept that you should have in mind, surely learning it wont take much time. i'm sure it will be useful when answering leadership question. :)

Reaction score
What are the problems faced by a new business?
start up cost, the unwillingness of loans from banks, no cash flow forecast available so unwillingness to invest in business. lack of promotional experience, what time of promotion to seek, not familiar with competition. lack of experience imposes greater risk

Reaction score
How does the size of a firm affect the owners, managers and the workers? /12

give importance of difference sizes (small/micro business, unlimited liability business, companies..etc) to each one of these: owners (large business have the potential of greatest profits, small business are usually less complicated and authority can be maintained..etc), mangers (managers of a large firm usually gain high status, high income...managers of a small business can operate according to personal preferences as these mostly tend to be the owners themselves) and workers (one worker may be okay with working for a huge firm with a good salary without any thoughts about job satisfaction, while a worker who would want recognition and close relationship with his employer may choose to work for a smaller firm).
these are just examples..not very perfectly put, i feel. you can elaborate further. :)

Reaction score
Discuss the factors that influence an individual’s performance at work.

explain the motivational theories! mention fringe and non-fringe benefits...self actualization, job satisfaction, Maslow's hierarchy of needs...etc. i'm afraid i'm too tired now to write this in detail. :$

Reaction score
Hot topics... cash flow forecast public private sector motivation span of control visual representation purpose o bal sheet tpl
business objectives