• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
067.gif

guys
for
Business Studies
Paper 1
:)

Reaction score
can anyone post the business paper 1 questions here when they are done with their exam tomorrow ?

Reaction score
Why do I see some A level questions in the AS Business Studies paper? I've gone through the syllabus and yet there are questions on lean production, organistational structures and other A level topics! What the?

Reaction score
Why do I see some A level questions in the AS Business Studies paper? I've gone through the syllabus and yet there are questions on lean production, organistational structures and other A level topics! What the?

I think it's because the syllabus was changed recently.

Reaction score

the syllabus has changed. did you go thru the syllabus for 2012's examination? the above topics aren't mentioned in there.
umm i don't know if this is wise but i'd recommend not practicing from the pp, as they do contain questions that are out of course for this examination and you're bound to get confused. just study everything in all the topics, be prepared so well that you'd be able to answer any kind of question from among our topics. Also, i have some sample revision essay questions with me, i could give them to you if you like, for practice.
Good luck! :D

Reaction score
the syllabus has changed. did you go thru the syllabus for 2012's examination? the above topics aren't mentioned in there.
umm i don't know if this is wise but i'd recommend not practicing from the pp, as they do contain questions that are out of course for this examination and you're bound to get confused. just study everything in all the topics, be prepared so well that you'd be able to answer any kind of question from among our topics. Also, i have some sample revision essay questions with me, i could give them to you if you like, for practice.
Good luck! :D
I shall keep that in mind! And yeah, where can i get those sample questions?
Thanks, kick ass tomorrow ;)

Reaction score
I shall keep that in mind! And yeah, where can i get those sample questions?
Thanks, kick ass tomorrow ;)

ah well, actually our teacher gave them to us. they're according to the units in our text book. i could type them all down and give them to ya if you like.
inshallah. :D you too.

Reaction score
Need help ...can someone please give me advantages and disadvantages of family business..pleaseeeee..li have an exam tomorrow

Reaction score
ah well, actually our teacher gave them to us. they're according to the units in our text book. i could type them all down and give them to ya if you like.
inshallah. :D you too.

If it won't take you too long, then yes please. I'd be very grateful!

Reaction score
Need help ...can someone please give me advantages and disadvantages of family business..pleaseeeee..li have an exam tomorrow

Advantages of a family business:
- initial costs and losses are easily shared.
- later success benefits the family as a whole.
- enables the family to be togther.
- family members may trust each other more than the outsiders.
- family can help and are inexpensive during the developement period.
- family wants the opportunity to help the business as it benefits the family as a whole.
- flexible hours, days and pay are attractive to family members initially, using minimum resources.
- the business brings family back together.
- family members join the family venture because they're frustrated with their current work place and environment.

Disadvantages of a family business:
- largely interpersonal issues; experience role reversals.
- resentment can build if a family member isn't adequately challenged and rewarded.
- issues concerning power, rivalry and jealousy are common between family members.
- taking in consideration a family member's personal interests, skills, experience and training when assigning areas of responsibility.
- defining, exactly, each family member's area of responsibilty.
- defining who each family member is accountable to, and for.
- determining compensation structures (salaries, bonuses and equity stakes).
- determining how problems will be solved.

if you have problem understanding any of them, feel free to ask. :)

Reaction score
Hello everyone....can anyone tell me whats the difference between multi site businesses and multinational businesses..........is it the same....m a bit confused??

Reaction score
Hello everyone....can anyone tell me whats the difference between multi site businesses and multinational businesses..........is it the same....m a bit confused??
i think every multinational business is a multi site but not every multi site is a multinational. bcoz multi site can also be in the same country or city.