• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
the answer is c,
its rental income, -1400+1300+13700+560+1750-1600= 14310
we deduct rental owing 2010, because it is income received for the last year, then add income received in advance, because it is income for this year, but was received in advance
rent written off are income, but were not received, so were made bad debts
rents owing at 31 march 2011 were income for this year, but not received
and income received in advance, is income for next year, deduct that

Reaction score
can someone please help me calculate the depreciation to be charged to p&l in q 2A part a ii

in my opinion the depreciation for other assets was $74200 and for the one to be disposed off it was $920 and for the newly bought it was $2250, i think this is what they did
74200+2250-920
why they did they do that???
thanks

Attachments

• 9706_w11_qp_23.pdf
    82.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 9706_w11_ms_23.pdf
    123 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
student92
thanks for he examiners tips.. i was going through them last night and they were very helpful.
n no i dont hav for economics. however if you manage to get your hands on it please do share before tuesday.

Reaction score
hey everyone how come the answer for the 13th one is A...it should be B na.?

Attachments

• HIJK.jpg
    HIJK.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
AND FINAL DOUBTS..hey is it that whenver we start with an overdraft balance OF CASH BOOK....IN BANK RECONICLIATION STATEMENTS.....IT IS OBVIOUS TO GET AN OVERDRAFT BALANCE AS PER PASS BOOK...IS IT SO....HELP!! IN bank econcialation statemnets in accouting!!!:)

Reaction score
I need some help in this question from October/November 2005 Q2(b) 'Discuss the use of indirect taxes and subsidies by governments to deal with externalities'

What are the problems with using these? Is it just that the wrong amount of tax/subsidy might be used and so it wouldn't actually solve the problem? Is there anything else? Thanks!

Reaction score
I need some help in this question from October/November 2005 Q2(b) 'Discuss the use of indirect taxes and subsidies by governments to deal with externalities'

What are the problems with using these? Is it just that the wrong amount of tax/subsidy might be used and so it wouldn't actually solve the problem? Is there anything else? Thanks!

yep this is one point. basically talk abt govt infailure. how inervention can lead to further inefficiency. lack of info might mean wrong amount of tax/subsidy. taxes will create greater inequality cuz more burden on the lower income groups. subsidies means taxpayers worse off . govt might not have he right incentives. they may be motivated by political rather than econimcal facors.
here is a section the supplement par of the economics books in the chapter "govt intervention in the price system" about govt failure. i found tha very helpful. refer to it too.

Reaction score
Can someone plzzz help me with question no 24............its nt a past paper question bt was accessed in our prelims....:)

Attachments

• IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Plz someone helpp mee in this question :S
the answer is C.. why??
thnx in advance....

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    216.6 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
q4
17100 is 95% of the debtors, as 5% has been removed for doubtful debts, so find the full 100% of 17100, which is 18000
5% of 18000 is 900, and so answer is b
hope you can easily understand
Thanks!!I understood.
Can any1 solve the other doubts pleeeez!!:)