• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Grade Threshold

Reaction score
Wow. The two people above me are so k3wl, they boast about missing classes on a public thread. Clapping ho jaye inn ki k3wlness pe.

On a completely unrelated note, the English paper was too easy. Too easy. I mean, they gave us a friggin' speech and even told us how to start it. How could anyone, who has done (a) declamation(s) or at least seen it, go wrong with that? Dumb honay ki hadd hoti hai. The essay topics were bit challenging comparatively but pretty easy at the end of the day. I hope the percentile falls...so I can possibly possibly possibly get a distinction. Good day, all.

Reaction score
Wow. The two people above me are so k3wl, they boast about missing classes on a public thread. Clapping ho jaye inn ki k3wlness pe.

On a completely unrelated note, the English paper was too easy. Too easy. I mean, they gave us a friggin' speech and even told us how to start it. How could anyone, who has done (a) declamation(s) or at least seen it, go wrong with that? Dumb honay ki hadd hoti hai. The essay topics were bit challenging comparatively but pretty easy at the end of the day. I hope the percentile falls...so I can possibly possibly possibly get a distinction. Good day, all.

People who brag like that end up getting the worst grades .... just so you know!!!
Have A Nice Day ! :D

Reaction score
Dude , i wanna kill myself.
When i wrote the speech i was like '' This is fine''. But at the end i noticed i forgot to leave lines and everything looked jumbled up!
Then i made up my mind to leave lines in the composition to atleast give a good impression on the examiner . so i start writing . At the end i check my paper and notice that i again forgot to leave lines . WTF!!
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I did the same damned mistakes, didn't leave lines in paragraph but left space when starting new paragraph(kind a like in Urdu) and also for the composition I left a line after the first paragraph and didn't in the 2nd and 3rd paragraph.

I want to kill myself right now for these stupid blunders I've been doing in my CIEs so far, I can't even get sleep.

Reaction score

I know some people who even started their speech with their own beginning and they aren't dumb, they were just under too much pressure that they made blunders which they regret so so much.

Reaction score
You guys are lucky, I entered the Examintion Room 15 minutes AFTER the paper had ALREADY started - they friggin didnt even compensate me :X All the way I was thinking morning papers start at 10:00 a.m :mad:
Thu alhumdullilah the paper went nice :)
That also happened with me!!! i couldn't believe how irresponsible I could be!! i mean it was a cie exam. but i was 25 minutes late!! i managed to complete the paper with God's mercy (phewwwwww).... just my word count for the essay was like 300!! :(
Can i get an A*???

Reaction score

Dude your on the 4th page . Theres no post ''above'' you . :p

Reaction score
People who brag like that end up getting the worst grades .... just so you know!!!
Have A Nice Day ! :D

Oh really? Well, sorry to break it to you, but there's a thing known as confident of getting a good result. That's what I am. Buck up a bit. Have some confidence in yourself. Man up. Know what you are going to get once you get out of the examination hall. Basics hein yeh to yaaaar.

Reaction score
That also happened with me!!! i couldn't believe how irresponsible I could be!! i mean it was a cie exam. but i was 25 minutes late!! i managed to complete the paper with God's mercy (phewwwwww).... just my word count for the essay was like 300!! :(
Can i get an A*???
:O Atleast it wasnt ONLY me going late :D Btw its only now I can laugh, then I was half-dead :/
well 300 words may possibly irk the examiner as long as he NOTICES it but it shouldnt be that much of a big deal. Infact it is recommended to write short essays
A* depends on how well your P2 went so I cant really say...

Reaction score
:O Atleast it wasnt ONLY me going late :D Btw its only now I can laugh, then I was half-dead :/
well 300 words may possibly irk the examiner as long as he NOTICES it but it shouldnt be that much of a big deal. Infact it is recommended to write short essays
A* depends on how well your P2 went so I cant really say...
Haha.. well call me baghairat but i wasn't tensed at all!! i adon't know how i was able to complete the paper in time. i was thinking they were going to give me some extra time in the end but they didn't. And my p2 was really well. :)

Reaction score
people Leaving lines in your essey n speech just make it look long ! There is no point in leaving lines ! leaving spaces from the margin indicates a change in a paragraph ! Leaving lines in childish !

Reaction score
people Leaving lines in your essey n speech just make it look long ! There is no point in leaving lines ! leaving spaces from the margin indicates a change in a paragraph ! Leaving lines in childish !

thats the format..-_-

Reaction score
Haha.. well call me baghairat but i wasn't tensed at all!! i adon't know how i was able to complete the paper in time. i was thinking they were going to give me some extra time in the end but they didn't. And my p2 was really well. :)

o_O lawl...they made it clear to me I wont get no extra time or something....I was like fine go to hell :X

Reaction score
thats the format..-_-
Actually, that's not the format. There is no fixed format in English Language except for the task they've told you in Section 1. The paragraphs should be shown clearly, whether that be by leaving a line or taking space from the margin. This is all the marking schemes say about them:
"Paragraphs have unity, are linked, and show evidence of planning."
So, whether you left a line or not, all that is important is that you made it clear that you're starting a new para.