• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Grade Threshold

Reaction score
people Leaving lines in your essey n speech just make it look long ! There is no point in leaving lines ! leaving spaces from the margin indicates a change in a paragraph ! Leaving lines in childish !
leaving lines makes the context look good . Presentation is important .It shows how serious the candidate is . The examiner doesn't know you personally , all he has is your written work . He is going to judge it in every way possible , and he has the complete right to do so

Reaction score
leaving lines makes the context look good . Presentation is important .It shows how serious the candidate is . The examiner doesn't know you personally , all he has is your written work . He is going to judge it in every way possible , and he has the complete right to do so
but yeah in that point he/she is going to give you a benefit of doubt at times...:)
but lets not hope for that!! :D

Reaction score
Presentation is not simply how neat some work is. It's about how effective you have been in getting your point understood. Paragraphs are vital for the effectiveness, and must be showed clearly. But leaving a line is not the only way for that. Not the ONLY way, that's all.

Reaction score
Presentation is not simply how neat some work is. It's about how effective you have been in getting your point understood. Paragraphs are vital for the effectiveness, and must be showed clearly. But leaving a line is not the only way for that. Not the ONLY way, that's all.
-______-

Reaction score
okay..i am afraid to ask but are marks deducted for passing the word limit? my speech was good but a little long so please please please tell me marks arent deducted.
oh God i really need an A* in my english exam.
and
why is it that after the exam i feel satisfied and happy but after coming home and thinking about the exam i start hyperventilating and start thinking my paper went bad?????

Reaction score
okay..i am afraid to ask but are marks deducted for passing the word limit? my speech was good but a little long so please please please tell me marks arent deducted.
and
why is it that after the exam i feel satisfied and happy but after coming home and thinking about the exam i start hyperventilating and start thinking my paper went bad?????

Depends on how much you exceeded. Max is 50. So if limits 300, u cn write max 350. Over that, examiner reduces your marks by one frick'n whole band i.e if he was gona give u an 8/10, u would get 6/10, so........

And to all others out thre. A* in Engy is a little too high an accomplishment, hmm? It means u must get something like 28/30 in both essay and speech and something. Aint tht a bit too much? Tht compy in p2 took away marks like crazy.

And paragraphing is always required. Good essay/speech has over 4 paras, baut less then some obnoxious number, like 10. But examiners not gonna cut many marks for bad presentation!!! If wht ya wrote is good, u can still gt an A*!

Reaction score
and
that's bcz u think way too much abt ur exam dnt do that nd u wudnt hyperventilate!..:) well only 1 mark is deducted for word limit so dont worry!..:D