• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
liuweijian94 said:
guys~~~can any one help with s05 qp2 question 2, a mechanics question....thanks
Here is the solution. Hope you get it.

Attachments

• solution 7.jpg
    solution 7.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
AoA!
This is a simple question but I'm unable to get the required answer.
Simplify (using De Moivre's Theorum): (2 - √3 i)^6

Reaction score
Secondly, while evaluating 1/(sin x + i cos x)^6 , the answer I get is - cos 6x - i sin 6x. The correct one is: - cos 6x + i sin 6x.

Reaction score
That's the answer. If you want to confirm such qualitative answers, just visit wolframalpha.com.

Reaction score
Please solve these questions for me
Further maths P2> Nov-05, Q 5
Nov- 06, Q 1
Nov-07 , Q 11 either

Reaction score
Oh Thanks man
it was really a great help for me
i m really grateful to you
Hope to see u again :)

Reaction score
Question 4 May/june 2004 Mathematical induction. How do we solve the second part? A tricky one seriousli!

Reaction score
Mind the poor quality. My scanners' scan screen got half burnt. :p Plus, I messed up the negative sign so the editing.

12 001.jpg

Reaction score
thanks, but what i need to understand is that how did we get a=(-1)^n n! in the first place? did we just assume it? how?

Reaction score
thanks, but what i need to understand is that how did we get a=(-1)^n n! in the first place? did we just assume it? how?

We get it by observing the three values you have got. Since, the -ve sign is bein alternated, we know that the first value is (-1)^n. Further, observing the values show us that it has to have factorial. This is a general rule of forming a conjecture. It's just a proposition from your side.