• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that grade thresholds for winter 2020 examinations will be higher than they usually are?

Reaction score
Yeah cuz a lot of people who didnt take expected grades are appearing now and they obviously had more time for studying so id definitely expect the grades to be somewhat higher than usual🤕

Reaction score
Yeah cuz a lot of people who didnt take expected grades are appearing now and they obviously had more time for studying so id definitely expect the grades to be somewhat higher than usual🤕
yess that's exactly what i fear. there was a 6 months delay and i'm sure most kids are well prepared this time 😭

Reaction score
yess that's exactly what i fear. there was a 6 months delay and i'm sure most kids are well prepared this time 😭
Were your exams easier than the past papers or was it the other way around? I was told that they might give easier exams this time but it was the other way around😅

Reaction score
Were your exams easier than the past papers or was it the other way around? I was told that they might give easier exams this time but it was the other way around😅

I think they were on the same level. They were definitely not easier. I don't know if it was the exam nervousness but the chemistry atp looked so different from the past papers I did :") I really hope the maths and physics exams are easier

Were your exam easier?

Reaction score
one of the teachers said that the grade boundaries are going to be low for many reasons such as we had had an online school for nearly almost last year and this year and it's not like you are in school there are many things the teacher can actually do when u are physically in school and my teacher also said that the grade boundaries will most likely be similar to the ones that were used in march 2020 may be as it will change by an increase or decrease of 1-3%. plus anyone is setting their English first language 0500 in october

Reaction score
plus did anyone do any IGCSE exam in the past days were they easier same level or harder any advices

Reaction score
I think they were on the same level. They were definitely not easier. I don't know if it was the exam nervousness but the chemistry atp looked so different from the past papers I did :") I really hope the maths and physics exams are easier

Were your exam easier?
i wish you the best of luck in your tests

Reaction score

Were your exam easier?
I gave EM p1 on tuesday and it was wayyy harder than the past papers i guess that wasnt the case with other subjects anyway i just hope i get good grades... :/
If i dont get like 75/80 in EM p2 tomorrow im getting like a B or C for sure so that sucks :((

Reaction score
I gave EM p1 on tuesday and it was wayyy harder than the past papers i guess that wasnt the case with other subjects anyway i just hope i get good grades... :/
If i dont get like 75/80 in EM p2 tomorrow im getting like a B or C for sure so that sucks :((

oh no that does suck :( i really hope you do well tomorrow. you got this! GOODLUCK!! ✨

honestly, i'm kinda in the same situation. i need to get either full marks or 35 out of 40 in chem mcqs for a shot at A* or A :((

Reaction score
one of the teachers said that the grade boundaries are going to be low for many reasons such as we had had an online school for nearly almost last year and this year and it's not like you are in school there are many things the teacher can actually do when u are physically in school and my teacher also said that the grade boundaries will most likely be similar to the ones that were used in march 2020 may be as it will change by an increase or decrease of 1-3%. plus anyone is setting their English first language 0500 in october
ohh i hope that's the case. low boundaries will save my grades 😭

Reaction score

oh no that does suck :( i really hope you do well tomorrow. you got this! GOODLUCK!! ✨

honestly, i'm kinda in the same situation. i need to get either full marks or 35 out of 40 in chem mcqs for a shot at A* or A :((
i wish you the best of luck in your tests
thank you (。’▽’。)♡ i wish you the best of luck as well if you're taking exams too ~

Reaction score

Hiiii!!!! wish you alll the luck in your examm can I ask which country you in and which examination for chemistry you are setting

Reaction score
Hiiii!!!! wish you alll the luck in your examm can I ask which country you in and which examination for chemistry you are setting

I’m in Pakistan and I’m taking the O levels (CIE) exams. My variants are the 12, 32 and 42 i think
Why do you ask? :D

Reaction score
i am setting the chemistry IGCSE exam and i have the code 0500 thought u could help

ohh IGCSE AND GCSE (o levels) are kinda the same thing. there is not much difference.

you can ask me if you have a question, i'll try my best to help :D

Reaction score

thank you (。’▽’。)♡ i wish you the best of luck as well if you're taking exams too ~
Good luck to you too and thank you so much for replying🤙