• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed!!

Reaction score
I'm giving pak studies in may june 2018 and i am terribly prepared for it! I need some help in knowing the less important stuff in both history and geography so that at least I can get the important one done in time. so... is it absolutely necassary to learn the first chapter of history? the one about haji shariatullah, shah waliullah and syed ahmed barelvi?? or i can just go through it in the end before the paper?

Reaction score
IT IS COMPULSORY TO UNDERSTAND EVERY CHAPTER OF 2059.
Everything is important, esp. section 1 and 3. I would never advise leaving any part of the syllabus as CIE does unexpected things. Learn Huma Naz's Book a to z and read Nigel Smith fully, at least once. Leave a day or two for it as it is crucial for an A. All 'unseen' questions come from there. If you believe you can easily attempt them/know more than the books, feel free to leave it. But read it if you believe you aren't confident in attempting such questions. I'd leave some questions below,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 (a) Who was Abdul Ghaffar Khan? [4]
(b) Why was the One Unit Scheme introduced? [7]
(c) 'The declining health of Ayub was the main reason for his ultimate resignation in 1969'. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

2 (a) Who was Lord Canning? [4]
(b) Why is Curzon known as 'the most intelligent but the least popular viceroy'? [7]
(c) 'The War of Independence achieved nothing'. Give reasons why you might agree and disagree with this statement. [14]

3 (a) Who was Shah Ismail Shaheed? [4]
(b) Why did people join Syed Ahmad's Jihad Movement? [7]
(c) How successful was Shah Waliullah in the rejuvenation of Islam in the sub-continent? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

4 (a) What was the August Offer? [4]
(b) Why was Chaudhry Rehmat Ali unpopular amongst the Indian Muslims? [7]
(c) 'The 1937 elections were extremely successful'. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer [14]

5 (a) What was the Operation Grand Slam? [4]
(b) Why did Zia-ul-Haq's programme of Islamisation fail? [7]
(c) 'The Constitution of 1973 was the most significant step towards the Islamisation of Pakistan'. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made these questions on spot. If you can answer them, good. But if you can't, try to read Nigel Smith's book. It is extremely analytical and CAIE is extracting questions from there.