• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
Well for the beaker and rod question, and how to accurately measure it, I simply mentioned dropping a few droplets of ink into the water; letting it diffuse and then removing the rod. And afterwards, measuring the rod from the top to the point where the ink stain will be visible.

Reaction score
funky brat We had to write ratio? What are they talking about? :/
noo how can it be yaar we have to write valu of refractive index !
and one thing more there was question Use you graph to find the smallest value of rubber bands ?
sombody have witten 11 some one written 10 tell me how can 10 or 11 be smallest number of rubber band to sink yar the smallest number of rubber band was 1 !o_O

Reaction score
Fate0

Question 1 part b. How to measure Length L correctly.

I said immerse the rule into the water as zero mark co-incides with the water level.
And then align it vertically with rod, and use set-square to find the answer. I also drew all this apparatus on the figure.

EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT WAY.

Someone is using a cobalt chloride paper.
Someone is pulling out the rod, and marking the water prints.
Someone is marking the beaker.
Someone is inserting the rule on the side.

Is my answer right?
i think we cannot put ruler into water remeber the first part of this question it was asked that why it is difficult to measure the lenth l ?
the answer was we could not brought the ruler close to the rode !

Reaction score
you have written the highest number of rubber bands yaar the question was find the samallest value of rubber bands to sink the rod ? how can it be 11 ? 11 rubber band say tu pura pura rod hy dob jai ga hahahha
sink means fully immersed the graph was to be extended and line met just before 11 where the length "l" was zero and "N" bands were 11.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i think we cannot put ruler into water remeber the first part of this question it was asked that why it is difficult to measure the lenth l ?
the answer was we could not brought the ruler close to the rode !

The answer was that the rod keeps, that is why we can not correctly align the rule with the rod, which leads to parallax error.
But in the next part they asked how to measure L accurately.

So i proposed a way to remove parallax error, by using a set-square..