• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did Physics P2 go?

Reaction score
How did we have todo the momentum Q though and what efficiency did you get?

Reaction score
The fringe separatiom can be from dark to dark fringe or from light to light. If you counted from dark to dark fringe from one end to the other in the diagram youd find that 16 fringe separations= 36mm. So I just divided it by 16 instead of multiplying it by 2

We had to divide the total distance by 16 and then multiply it by 2, no? I dont really get what youre trying to say you did but we needed the distance between 2 bright/dark fringes. If we divided the total distance by 16 it would only give us the the distance between a light and dark fringe. So you had to multiply by 2.

Reaction score
How did we have todo the momentum Q though and what efficiency did you get?
Momentum before the collision= Momentum after it and give each direction a sign. For eg: I wrote the velocities to the right as positive and to the left as negative. The answer was 0.3m/s (to the left). My efficiency was 97.3%

Reaction score
We had to divide the total distance by 16 and then multiply it by 2, no? I dont really get what youre trying to say you did but we needed the distance between 2 bright/dark fringes. If we divided the total distance by 16 it would only give us the the distance between a light and dark fringe. So you had to multiply by 2.
If you remember the diagram the firnges were given as rectangles, yes? The lines which showed the ends of the 36mm length were both at the middle of dark fringes. If you counted from the middle of the first dark fringe to another till the middle of last one, you'd get 16 fringe separations in 36mm.

Reaction score
if you mess up pretty bad in P2 (get a B) but get As in P1 and P3, can it make an overall A?

Reaction score
For physics AS

Q.1 Units Ampere Kelvin

Second part resistivity units=kg m3 s–3 A^-2

Resistance=18 ohm

Precision:The smallest scale division of measuring instrument

b part) the micrometer measure nearest to 0.01 mm compared with 1mm of metre rule so greater precision for micrometer.

Next Question

Young modulus 0.13TPa

Its b part use greater magnitude and range of forces.

Next question

Velocity is rate of change of displacement

Horizontal velocity=2.97ms-1

Velocity and angle in next part 5.78ms-1 and angle 59.0

KE around 7. Something

PE 5.52 J sth

Its last part i wrote wrong that some of energy will be lost in deforming the ball.

Next

Newton first law a body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion unless acted upon by a resultant force

Velocity=0.3ms-1

Inelastic as final KE not equal to intial KE,energy conserved as converted to heat and sound.

Next

Frequency is the number of oscillations of a point on wave per unit time

The air particles in a sound wave travel parallel to the direction of energy propagation

Frequency=500Hz

Next doppler effect if the horn come closer greater no of cycles seen on cro and height of vertical trace increases and if goes away as height of vertical trace decreases and less no of cycles seen.

For waves first part path difference 2.5wavelength so destructive interference.

Next two parts i think i got wrong wrote destructive interference for both intensity and phase diff of 180 parts.

For part played by diffraction in production of fringes i wrote the wave spreads into a geometric shadow as they are diffracted and they overlap with a phase difference to form fringes

Reason to use two slits:so that two waves have a constant phase difference between them

The wavelength was 4.5*10^-7

The electricity question i wrote emf is the work done per unit charge in converting energy from non electrical to electrical forms next part i wrote the terminal pd increases as the total resistance increases current decreases and there are less lost volts.

The R was 2.1 something

Pd was 1.46V

Efficiency was 0.97 or 0.98

The last question

In b- decay a proton produced and an electron anti neutrino and b+ a neutron produced and an electron neutrino

Proton=uud

Neutron udd

Reaction score
For physics AS

Q.1 Units Ampere Kelvin

Second part resistivity units=kg m3 s–3 A^-2

Resistance=18 ohm

Precision:The smallest scale division of measuring instrument

b part) the micrometer measure nearest to 0.01 mm compared with 1mm of metre rule so greater precision for micrometer.

Next Question

Young modulus 0.13TPa

Its b part use greater magnitude and range of forces.

Next question

Velocity is rate of change of displacement

Horizontal velocity=2.97ms-1

Velocity and angle in next part 5.78ms-1 and angle 59.0

KE around 7. Something

PE 5.52 J sth

Its last part i wrote wrong that some of energy will be lost in deforming the ball.

Next

Newton first law a body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion unless acted upon by a resultant force

Velocity=0.3ms-1

Inelastic as final KE not equal to intial KE,energy conserved as converted to heat and sound.

Next

Frequency is the number of oscillations of a point on wave per unit time

The air particles in a sound wave travel parallel to the direction of energy propagation

Frequency=500Hz

Next doppler effect if the horn come closer greater no of cycles seen on cro and height of vertical trace increases and if goes away as height of vertical trace decreases and less no of cycles seen.

For waves first part path difference 2.5wavelength so destructive interference.

Next two parts i think i got wrong wrote destructive interference for both intensity and phase diff of 180 parts.

For part played by diffraction in production of fringes i wrote the wave spreads into a geometric shadow as they are diffracted and they overlap with a phase difference to form fringes

Reason to use two slits:so that two waves have a constant phase difference between them

The wavelength was 4.5*10^-7

The electricity question i wrote emf is the work done per unit charge in converting energy from non electrical to electrical forms next part i wrote the terminal pd increases as the total resistance increases current decreases and there are less lost volts.

The R was 2.1 something

Pd was 1.46V

Efficiency was 0.97 or 0.98

The last question

In b- decay a proton produced and an electron anti neutrino and b+ a neutron produced and an electron neutrino

Proton=uud

Neutron udd
do u remember the total marks for each Q

Reaction score
wasn't the final velocity was component due to vertical and horizontal components of velocity . like horizontal velocity of 5.8 something and vertical 4.9 or vice versa idk .

Reaction score
Hello guys! I have a question . In the questiion related to superposition , the answer to part a was destructive superposition which I made it wrong. Then in part b, assuming that constructive superposition had taken place (which is obviouly wrong) , i answered the next two part questions which is correct according to my previously wrong assumption .
Like in a, i wrote constructive but in b (i), i wrote the particles will be at rest due to destructive interference which is correct based on my prev assumption of constructive superposition.......
Will I get an ecf on next two marks?

Reaction score
Hello guys! I have a question . In the questiion related to superposition , the answer to part a was destructive superposition which I made it wrong. Then in part b, assuming that constructive superposition had taken place (which is obviouly wrong) , i answered the next two part questions which is correct according to my previously wrong assumption .
Like in a, i wrote constructive but in b (i), i wrote the particles will be at rest due to destructive interference which is correct based on my prev assumption of constructive superposition.......
Will I get an ecf on next two marks?
Same happened with me... I don't think there will be ecf