• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9709_w15_qp_22

Difficulty level

• Hard

• Medium

• Easy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
That question paper was by far the worst I've ever done, it was so damn long.
For the tank Q, V=40*root*3 h^2
And dV/dt = 200
and dV/dh = 2 x 40 x *root*3 x h= 80*root*3 h, and h =5 so dV/dh = 400*root*3

Then you form chain rule to get dV/dt = dV/dh x dh/dt
200 = 400*root*3 x dh/dt
dh/dt = 1/(2*root*3) cm s^-1

Well, that's what I did anyways.

Also for the volume, I got 4 and 2/3 pi units^3

For number 6 (i) did anyone else get k= -7 or 9 and 6 (ii) D=(2,0)? I forgot to do 6 and ended up doing it in a rush just before the invigilator called time, I didn't get to recheck my work.

And will we be penalized if we don't rule a line after each question/each part question, because I didn't do that :/

Reaction score
Anyone answe my question please will percentile go down in This paper or it will stay like it is in As level 90?

Reaction score
And dV/dt = 200

200 = 400*root*3 x dh/dt

For number 6 (i) did anyone else get k= -7 or 9 and 6 (ii) D=(2,0)? I forgot to do 6 and ended up doing it in a rush just before the invigilator called time, I didn't get to recheck my work.

And will we be penalized if we don't rule a line after each question/each part question, because I didn't do that :/
U won't be penalised for not drawing a line after each question ... What ever makes u think they would?? :eek:
I think my k and D answers were same as that ...
Forget rechecking ... Finishing the paper on time was a feat.

Reaction score
Anyone answe my question please will percentile go down in This paper or it will stay like it is in As level 90?
I'm pretty sure GT will drop to like 50 for an A, maybe even 45 if everyone else found it just as hard.
I'm praying M1/S1 will save us all from failing

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure GT will drop to like 50 for an A, maybe even 45 if everyone else found it just as hard.

Bro i appeared in As level... Does GT drop in Aslevel aswell or not?

Reaction score
Bro i appeared in As level... Does GT drop in Aslevel aswell or not?
Yeah I'm also doing AS level only, P1 and 4,
GT applies to all subjects for all the combinations. So if everyone doing your combination (I'm assuming 12 and 62) found it tough, GT will probably drop for your combination of components. Don't worry about pass/fail, only worry about doing better than others lol :p

Reaction score
And one more thing... do you get any marks for trying to solve the question in right way with right steps but fail to get the right answers? After watching q3 7 8 9 and 10 i lost my mind and did stupid sh__ and made many mistakes but i did solved all questions in proper way. So will i get at least 2-3 marks?

Reaction score
I doubt it will be that low. 50 for a B maybe, but minimum 55 for an A. If it follows the trend of previous years, then it will be 59-62.
CIE ain't kind, they like fu***ng with us xD

Reaction score
And one more thing... do you get any marks for trying to solve the question in right way with right steps but fail to get the right answers? After watching q3 7 8 9 and 10 i lost my mind and did stupid sh__ and made many mistakes but i did solved all questions in proper way. So will i get at least 2-3 marks?
Well, I'm pretty sure you'll get working/method marks. Don't stress to much bro, relax and aim to do better in your other exams, don't let this get you down.

Reaction score
And dV/dt = 200

200 = 400*root*3 x dh/dt

I don't think cause they said to leave two lines after each question :)

Reaction score
I found it subtle.
I could not do Q3, trigonometry proving, vector ABC in same line, and Q10(i) I guess the question was wrong coz I was getting c intercept as O which was impossible. Hope so GT will be around 55.
I will get B. :/ F***!

What about u guys?

Lol I left exactly same questions, like i did them but i know i did em wrong
I mean I have an A* in O level without teacher. And i know this is A and shit and hard..

But that paper came out of CIE'S A**H***

I don't know, i screwed so badly.. I am sure i got 25 worth marks wrong gasp emoticon

Including last one

I had two papers in morning and was so tired by afternoon

Reaction score
Guys i want to ask something
I did 20 year past paper before appearing in this Aslevel exam But i must say i never came across such type of question paper. it was very difficult and by very i mean i never did a P1 past paper like this before. i do managed to do q 1 2 4 5 6 Left q3 and did Some parts of all other question 7 8 9 and 10. i want to exam do examiner give some marks for your approah i mean i put all formulas and steps in there but did not got correct answers i lost hope and stopped writing. And another question Do percentile grading take place in As level or not. I will fail miserably if they dont pull down grading scores. Please answer guy im very tensed

Absolutely Agree

Finally feeling better!!!!

Right???

Reaction score
Lol I left exactly same questions, like i did them but i know i did em wrong
I mean I have an A* in O level without teacher. And i know this is A and shit and hard..

But that paper came out of CIE'S A**H***

I don't know, i screwed so badly.. I am sure i got 25 worth marks wrong gasp emoticon

Including last one

I had two papers in morning and was so tired by afternoon
Agree even I got a a* for olevels and did like 10 years worth of pp. CIE couldn't pick any other year for this darn paper !!!!

Reaction score
I found it subtle.
I could not do Q3, trigonometry proving, vector ABC in same line, and Q10(i) I guess the question was wrong coz I was getting c intercept as O which was impossible. Hope so GT will be around 55.
I will get B. :/ F***!

What about u guys?
it was the most difficult paper ever !! i left q3 part 1... part 2 was easy , .. was not able to that ABC is straight line.. and y intercept was 0.5

Reaction score
7gghUGI.jpg

Do you remember the f(x) and g(x) of question 1?
it was not a whole number !!

Reaction score
I guess you got a whole number. I solved this to best of my memory. Maybe there is wrong values.

Anyone remember the question in which there was given F''(x)=12/x^3
and stationary points at X =2, x= -2
(2,10) and (-2,2)
WHich question was that and does anyone remember the parts?
yup !!! these are the stationary points !!! ur paper went good !!