• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9709_w15_qp_22

Difficulty level

• Hard

• Medium

• Easy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
I found it subtle.
I could not do Q3, trigonometry proving, vector ABC in same line, and Q10(i) I guess the question was wrong coz I was getting c intercept as O which was impossible. Hope so GT will be around 55.
I will get B. :/ F***!

What about u guys?

Reaction score
This was by far the hardest exam I ever solved from 2002 till 2015 ...Expecting a 55-60/75 :/ hopefully the threshold will be low

Reaction score
Ayy that was definitely harder than I expected. Thought I would get 70 for sure. Now looking at a sad 60 :( hope the threshold will be low this time. Definitely one of the most hardest papers !!!!!!

Reaction score
I found it hard as well.
What makes me mad is that this pattern was insanely different from anything I practised.
I couldn't do 3 i), mostly because I hate geometry. Agh.
I couldn't finish 4 i) either, that was the identity I failed to prove :(
7 i) was a b****, couldn't even think of how to do it. 8 ii) was just mind boggling.

I found the rest of the paper pretty easy, nothing too hard. I found questions 9, 10, 1, 2, 5 and 6 particularly straightforward.
Hope the GT will be around 55-58, though it might be 59-62.
Ugh. Thanks for ruining my life again CIE.

BTW, I'm gonna untag myself as soon as the discussion about answers start. I might get a heart attack xD

Reaction score
I found it hard as well.
What makes me mad is that this pattern was insanely different from anything I practised.
I couldn't do 3 i), mostly because I hate geometry. Agh.
I couldn't finish 4 i) either, that was the identity I failed to prove :(
7 i) was a b****, couldn't even think of how to do it. 8 ii) was just mind boggling.

I found the rest of the paper pretty easy, nothing too hard. I found questions 9, 10, 1, 2, 5 and 6 particularly straightforward.
Hope the GT will be around 55-58, though it might be 59-62.
Ugh. Thanks for ruining my life again CIE.

BTW, I'm gonna untag myself as soon as the discussion about answers start. I might get a heart attack xD
Could u do that thing of showing B is a midpoit of OP ?
How did u do?
We had y = (9 - 2x^2)^1/2 and point was (2,1) can u show me how did u do? Coz m getting 2y =x :(

Reaction score
Oh yeah ....... Didn't do the first part of it. But the second part was regarding the chain rule

Reaction score
U got to diferenciate and then get the gradient of the normal. From there get the equation for the normal using the coordinates of the given point (I think it was p) then give x=0 and find y for b. and give y=0 and get x for O

Reaction score
U got to diferenciate and then get the gradient of the normal. From there get the equation for the normal using the coordinates of the given point (I think it was p) then give x=0 and find y for b. and give y=0 and get x for O
I know this, I did the same thing, but i didnt got the equation with y intercept.