• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9709_w15_qp_22

Difficulty level

• Hard

• Medium

• Easy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Maybe this will help:

1 - Compound and Inverse Function
2 - Binomial
3 - Volume and Differentiation (Chain Rule)
4 - Trig Identity and Equation
5 - ?
6 - ?
7 - ?
8 - Quadratics (x^2 + ax +b) , Range, Discriminant, A^2 <4 (b-a)
9 - ?
10 - Integration and Volume (Y-Axis)
i guess 6

Reaction score
Could u do that thing of showing B is a midpoit of OP ?
How did u do?
We had y = (9 - 2x^2)^1/2 and point was (2,1) can u show me how did u do? Coz m getting 2y =x :(
You had to differentiate the curve equation and then substitute x=2 into the dy/dx to find gradient of tangent at P(2,1) so that you could find out the gradient of normal (at P). Once that's done, then you had to find the equation of normal at P. After you found the eq. of normal to the curve, you had to substitute y=0 in that to find A. A came out to be (-2,0). So midpoint AP was (0. 0.5) Then you had to find B by substituting x=0 into the eq of normal and B came out to be (0,0.5). That's exactly how you had to show that: Midpoint AP= B. Easy? :D

Reaction score
You had to differentiate the curve equation and then substitute x=2 into the dy/dx to find gradient of tangent at P(2,1) so that you could find out the gradient of normal (at P). Once that's done, then you had to find the equation of normal at P. After you found the eq. of normal to the curve, you had to substitute y=0 in that to find A. A came out to be (-2,0). So midpoint AP was (0. 0.5) Then you had to find B by substituting x=0 into the eq of normal and B came out to be (0,0.5). That's exactly how you had to show that: Midpoint AP= B. Easy? :D
yup it was easy part

Reaction score
That would be great! But I think, unfortunately that's not gonna be possible! The gt had dropped as low as 59 or 58 back in the recent year. *Correct me if I'm wrong* so chances are likely that gt will be around of the same value of May/June 60-62. Or perhaps can go a little down too.
I'm pretty sure GT will drop to like 50 for an A, maybe even 45 if everyone else found it just as hard.
I'm praying M1/S1 will save us all from failing

Reaction score
And one more thing... do you get any marks for trying to solve the question in right way with right steps but fail to get the right answers? After watching q3 7 8 9 and 10 i lost my mind and did stupid sh__ and made many mistakes but i did solved all questions in proper way. So will i get at least 2-3 marks?
As far as I know, examiners don't give you marks for just quoting formulas! If you applied your logic into a given formula, only then you are given credit..

Reaction score
Do you remember which question no was vector one?

So far I remember this
1 - Compound and Inverse Function
2 - Binomial
3 - Volume and Differentiation (Chain Rule)
4 - Trig Identity and Equation
5 - ?
6 - ?
7 - ?
8 - Quadratics (x^2 + ax +b) , Range, Discriminant.
9 - ?
10 - Integration and Volume (Y-Axis)
Q7

Reaction score
part b was to find q in terms of p.
And in part c you had to fin the values of q for which AB=BC was given.