• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I checked and the image was correctly named but there was still crosses
The background image was small and tiled too so there must have been a problem in steps 30-31 but i dont know what it is.
I think in the exams i will be using dreamweaver because i have not been taught how to use frontpage.

ask ur head teacher or ur ict teacher what kind of software u will be using in the cie exams not the school ones .
and i didnt found ur problem when i was using frontpage :)

Reaction score
I cant ask because we are on a break so I can only ask when we open school which is like a day before the exams.

Could you show me what to do in steps 30-32 so i can try again?:)

Reaction score
I cant ask because we are on a break so I can only ask when we open school which is like a day before the exams.

Could you show me what to do in steps 30-32 so i can try again?:)

you will use the "Paint" software which is provided with the windows you have installed , you will resize the picture as asked in the question , and to reduce the resolution , you should save it in a GIF format :)

Reaction score
Thank you.
Are you sure for step 32 i should make it GIF because the instructions say to make it JPG.

Reaction score
JazakAllah Gergawy :)
how to pullout a segment from chart?
and in 1 of the papers they asked to insert a page break before the last paragraph.......when i inserted, the para simply moved to the nxt page.......is that right ? or there shud b a blank page in btween?

Reaction score
helloo, i have some doubts in ict that i would like to ask you about:)
from which pastpaper *year* shall i practice for ict? my exam is veryy soon, and ive just done from 2009-2011
how do i change from inch to cm in powerpoint 2007?
how do i crop the image *using pic manager* so that it becomes 400cm wide and 1000cm high?
how do i screenshot *evidence* of the file size of the images?
when do we use the LOOKUP function and when do we use the VLOOKUP function, and which one do we usually use?
for excel, ive just came across sumif, countif, if, vlookup,lookup, round, are there any other functions?
for pic manager, do i jst need to know how to crop, resize, flip and compress? is there anything else i need to know using picture manager?
when they say this: Open the image

N1BG5.JPG
in a suitable application.
(You will manipulate this image to create the background image which will be used in a
stylesheet.) they mean that the image will be put as a background after ALL the changes (crop resize compress,,) are made on the original pic, right?
THANK YOUU!!!

Reaction score
JazakAllah Gergawy :)
how to pullout a segment from chart?
and in 1 of the papers they asked to insert a page break before the last paragraph.......when i inserted, the para simply moved to the nxt page.......is that right ? or there shud b a blank page in btween?

you will just drag the segment you want to take out from the chart like ... if u know it "Drag and Drop" , hold your mouse on the segment you want to take out and pull it outside .. thats it :)

yes that is correct , what is asked you must do whatever happens , if u are worried that what u did is wrong u can check the mark scheme :)

Reaction score
Al-salam 3alekoum w ra7mat Allah w barakatoh :)

i made this thread with the purpose of helping people, i noticed that many people in my school, here in the community, have so many difficulties in solving ICT practicals, and also the Theory part, so if u got any probs, dont hesitate in posting it write here, u will find the solution soon :)

If anyone has a problem in solving a whole practical past paper ... i will solve it with him and i will use skype for chatting with each other ... dont panic in calling me at all ... i will be available at anytime starting from next thursday ... i have the answer for each question u have :)
Please can u tell me that when we are giving the paper 3 . In most cases there is no link from where to download or open the particular CSV file . Do u have any idea that is that file already provided or we have to google that in the real paper

Reaction score
you will just drag the segment you want to take out from the chart like ... if u know it "Drag and Drop" , hold your mouse on the segment you want to take out and pull it outside .. thats it :)

yes that is correct , what is asked you must do whatever happens , if u are worried that what u did is wrong u can check the mark scheme :)

oh dat was easy :D ty :)
how to do dis 1 in p2 m/j/2006 q#25, has the minimum Imports value calculated at the bottom of the Imports column?

Reaction score
Please can u tell me that when we are giving the paper 3 . In most cases there is no link from where to download or open the particular CSV file . Do u have any idea that is that file already provided or we have to google that in the real paper

in the exam u must not worry about that , its their responsibility :)

Reaction score
oh dat was easy :D ty :)
how to do dis 1 in p2 m/j/2006 q#25, has the minimum Imports value calculated at the bottom of the Imports column?

np
this is also easy , you click on the imports column in the "Design View" mode and then click in the "Grouping and Totals" part in the "Home" section , you select "Totals" , a list will appear in which u will choose "Min" , thats it ... and one more thing , if they asked in the question how to make a label on its left , you will choose this sign "Aa" and make it on that cell's left .

what do we have to do in m/j/2006 p3 q#1????????? :eek:

its obvious my bro , you just have to open the excel software and make these cells as shown in the question , veeeeeeeeeeeery easy questions u ask :)

Reaction score
ok thanks!:)

sry i wasnt saying that for you .

When i saved saved j1bg1 in GIF to jibg3 it was way bigger 1.4mb!

i tryed doing it here on my pc , it was like 70 kb and when i saved it with GIF , it became 140 kb , but i tryed saving other images with GIF format, their sizes were minimised , idk why this happen , but i will try to solve it , and when i get i will tell ya .

Status
Not open for further replies.