• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

If you have any question on chem p6 im ready you guys. Don't Worry!!

Reaction score
Learning from mistakes is not a bad thing, I have done it many times.
Just check your notes.

Well im just telling u what my teacher told us!! i dont brag... and wen im wrong, then i do admit it and i go like ''sorry'' ... but since im in doubt i cnt say who's right...

Reaction score
Well im just telling u what my teacher told us!! i dont brag... and wen im wrong, then i do admit it and i go like ''sorry'' ... but since im in doubt i cnt say who's right...
No problem dear!
Best way is to clear your doubts.
This is the direct scan from my text book ( Endorsed by CIE ).
w22haq.png

Reaction score
hi :)
Uhmm becz the say in the Question the gas is denser than air :)
So for gases that are denser than air, u should carry out an upward displacement of air :)
not a downward displacement :)
Oh okay, that is why we say the gas should be collected downwards. It means the gas jar should be placed inverted and then the gas can be collected downwards by displacing the air upwards.

Thanks

Reaction score
Oh okay, that is why we say the gas should be collected downwards. It means the gas jar should be placed inverted and then the gas can be collected downwards by displacing the air upwards.

Thanks

Yes :)(y) like the jar in the question just invert it :) that's an upward displacement ... if u get confused, the reason they say upward though the jar is the other was round is bcz as the gas comes out of the tube the rise UP the jar :)

Reaction score
Yes :)(y) like the jar in the question just invert it :) that's an upward displacement ... if u get confused, the reason they say upward though the jar is the other was round is bcz as the gas comes out of the tube the rise UP the jar :)
Yeah I understand. Thanks.

Reaction score
ohh okayee thx & np .. well i had another doubt is mass inversely propotional to temperature rise??
logically .. increase it temp .. particles move faster breaking the bonds between them at a certain temp rise & therefore a liquid can become a gas & gas has less mass than liquid not sure though

Reaction score
i need help in colored compounds and their colors, i only know that copperoxide isblack (not even sure)