• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

If you have any question on chem p6 im ready you guys. Don't Worry!!

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused...I mean in a question where they say "where does the equilibrium shift to" would I say it shifts to the left cuz it's favored, and so more is produced of the "favored" side? Or would I say it moves to the right?
Look, first you have to understand which side is the reactant and which side is the product.
For example:
2N + 3H2 --> 2NH3
<---

In this equation, the Right side is the product and left side is the reactants.
If we increase the pressure (We have to, for more yield), then the side with less molecules is right side (2 molecules) so it shifts to right side.
Then more product is produced.

Reaction score
In which order should the water, hydrochloric acid and sodium thiosulphate solution be added to the beaker?

Reaction score
I've read that question and it's sodium thiosulphate->water->acid or water->sodium thiosulphate -> acid. You can tell, because in the question they add the HCl TO the sodium thiosulphate solution.

I have my own question.
What on earth is the suck back effect and when does it arise?

Reaction score
I've read that question and it's sodium thiosulphate->water->acid or water->sodium thiosulphate -> acid. You can tell, because in the question they add the HCl TO the sodium thiosulphate solution.

I have my own question.
okkk thnx
i guess its like wen the test tube is place upside down.......nd we pik it up :p
m not sure actually me gt the same doubt tooo

Reaction score

I have my own question.
It arises when the delivery tube isn't removed from the water before the heat is turned off. http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_w05_qp_6.pdf queston 6 is about that

Reaction score
Nop :) burette holds on 50cm cubes whilst a measuring cylinder holds up to a 100cm cubes :)
Measuring cylinders are MORE accurate :)
Nah, burette is more accurate than measuring cylinder!
Advantage: Measuring cylinder is easy to use and has a FAIRLY accurate results.
Disadvantage: It is not as accurate as burette.

Reaction score
Nah, burette is more accurate than measuring cylinder!
Advantage: Measuring cylinder is easy to use and has a FAIRLY accurate results.
Disadvantage: It is not as accurate as burette.

Uhm well if that's what YOU think then okay...
but i knw that measuring cylinders are WAY more accurate :)
go to 2011 M/J frst question!!!! ull knw why!