• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

If you have any question on chem p6 im ready you guys. Don't Worry!!

Reaction score
Step 1:
Fill a burette with dilute acid to zero mark.
Step 2:
Put 25 cm
3 of dilute sodium hydroxide into a conical flask with a pipette.
Step 3:
Add few drops of a suitable indicator such as universal indicator.
Step 4:
Run the acid from the burette into the flask of alkali until one or more drop of acid is enough to turn the indicator from violet to green.
Step 5:
The volume of acid used to neutralize the 25 cm
3 of alkali is noted. E.g. 23 cm3 of HCl
Step 6:
The process is repeated with the volume noted for the acid and the same volume of alkali used, but without the indicator.
Step 7:
Evapourate most of the water from the solution using a hot water bath in a crystallizing dish.
Let the solution cool and crystallize out. Filter the crystals on a filter paper and dry them.

That's titration in order to get crystals of sodium chloride
it shud b violet to red coz u cn nvr get a neutral solution wen titratin. one drop more is enuf 2 chnge it into an acidic solution (in dis case, it'll form an acidic solution)

Reaction score
Kaay thx :D but i know smooth means by hand without ruler but how do i make sure its perfectly smooth :p sorry for bothering u
hu said ur botherin me? i luv it. pluss, it helps 2 refresh my memory. nyways, gettin bck 2 business, u shud make sure ur lyn is not crooked, n has a nyc curve. curves shud not b sudden, wid a sudden break in a straight lyn, da lyn shud bend 2wards da points. (y)

Reaction score
I really know I'm too late asking this question...but i need to know the basics of how to plan an experiment. It depends on some conditions, but I'm often clueless what steps are to be taken.. It will be a great help if someone can help me with this. Any simple explanation will also work...hopefully! :unsure:

Reaction score
I really know I'm too late asking this question...but i need to know the basics of how to plan an experiment. It depends on some conditions, but I'm often clueless what steps are to be taken.. It will be a great help if someone can help me with this. Any simple explanation will also work...hopefully! :unsure:
well in the planning ques all they want is to c that hw well u hav understood the ques so think practicaly n thn do it try reading process like chromatography,, titration,,filteration n all ..

Reaction score
TRY THIS AS A REVISION.............U CAN JUST FOCUS ON 5,7,8 FOR P.6

Attachments

• IGCSE CHEMISTRY.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 10
Reaction score
well in the planning ques all they want is to c that hw well u hav understood the ques so think practicaly n thn do it try reading process like chromatography,, titration,,filteration n all ..
Thank you very much! :)