• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat Paper 2 Revision and Queries

Reaction score
so u mean v will have to start from the life of Holy Prophet pbuh, thn companions tht tabayeen thn taba tabayeen. right>
yes. but in lifetime of HP, u have to write about compilation of hadith. like first tell that he told himself to preserve hadiths when he said to use right hand to write the hadiths. he told "preach what he hear me say".
Abu Hurairah lived with HP to memorise hadiths. some companions(read from FNM book) even wrote hadiths.

Reaction score
got this from blog of zulfiqar ahmed.....his p1 guess included migration to abysinnia and two grandsons of holy prophet pbuh.......there are 3 papers mostly for practice

2 (a) What methods were used by the major collectors to ensure the Hadith they accepted were genuine? [10]
(b) Describe any two of the following:
a) Musannaf
b) Musnad
c) Hadis-e-Qudsi [4]
3 (a) Discuss the main services to Islam which
(a) Abu Bakr (RA) (b) Umar (RA)
rendered during their caliphate. [10]
(b) Explain why Muawiya refused to accept “Ali (RA) as a caliph”? [4]
4 a) Describe the ways in which fasting and Zakat are carried out. [10]
b) how these two pillars strengthens the society? [4]
5 a) Write a note on Muslims belief in [10]
(i) Chain of prophets
(ii) Divine books
b) What is the relationship between these two articles of faith. [4]
2 a) Explaing the method adopted by the compilers of Hadith in establishing the authenticity of the Ahadith [10]
b) Discuss the importance of the Hadith as a basic source of religious authority and guidance [4]
3 a) Explain why Hazrat Usman (R) encountered difficulties in the later years of his caliphate and was assassinated [10]
b) Give brief description of the charges against Hazrat Usman during the last years of his caliphate [4]
4 a) What do Muslim mean when they say “There is no god but Allah” [10]
b) How does this belief effects the Muslim.s life [4]
5 a) How Muslims carry out the major annual pilgrimage to Makkah? [10]
b) Explain how the pilgrimage brings the individual Muslims closer to Allah [4]
2 a) Give an account of the earliest collections of Hadith and the work of their compilers [10]
b) Outline the main teaching of the Ahadith you have studied about the responsibilities of individual Muslim. [4]
3 a) discuss the main services to Islam which Hazrat Umer (R) performed during his caliphate [10]
b) What does the way Umar (R) died tell us about his character [4]
4 a) Describe the main achievements of Hazrat Abu Bakr during his caliphate [10]
b) Explain why Talah (R) and Zubair (R) apposed Ali during his caliphate [4]

Reaction score
Possible Question:
This question is being discussed from previous 3 years that it would come(in the CIE's teacher support forum). Question of this main point of syllabus has never come so there is possibility. don't rely on 2009 past paper as CIE can trick us.

Describe the stages that led to the compilation of Sahaye-Sita(10)
answering points:
  • during HP's life time
  • Period of Companions
  • successors of Companions
  • Successors of Successor(in this Shaye-Sata werre compiled so this should be more descriptive
each point should concentrate more on the names and the compilers of hadiths in each period. write briefly Why necessity of hadiths was felt(Quran was insufficient forr changing day to day problems, expansions etc)

to ensure 10/10 describe why: necessity of authentic hadiths was felt. which method was chalked out by the Muhadithin(those of matan and sanad for cheking authenticity). mention every sahaye-sita and it's main characteristics very very briefly
so the answer must be concise but have more detail such as name of books and compilers. evaluation is necessary for scoring level 4(read specimen answers) even in knowledge based questions.

This question is different from this one right?
Give a brief description of the stages that led to the collection of Ahadith in Shah Sitta [10]

Reaction score
got this from blog of zulfiqar ahmed.....his p1 guess included migration to abysinnia and two grandsons of holy prophet pbuh.......there are 3 papers mostly for practice

5 a) Write a note on Muslims belief in [10]
(i) Chain of prophets
(ii) Divine books
b) What is the relationship between these two articles of faith. [4]
can anyone give me complete answer to this question please :)

Reaction score
ya, tht Holy Prophet pbuh pnce forbade compilation as he feared that muslims might mix it with quranic text but later allowed. etc etc etc. buh wht EXACTLY do v have to write in the end?
tell that:
____**all the above answer**________ ...these were the stages that led to last stage in which 6 books were compiled...in the last stage(of successors of successors), false hadiths were also being circulated. Muhammad Ibn Ismail (bukhari) first had the idea of compiling only authentic hadiths. It was necessary that only authentic hadiths are accepted my muslims so that their is no conflict in muslims and for solidarity of islam. So he chalked out a method of finding authentic hadiths by checking the chain of narrators and text. so he comiled 7000 hadiths into 97 books. this method was used my Imam Muslim also who compiled 15000 authentic hadiths into "Sahi Muslim". in this stage, Abuu Daud also searched for authentic hadiths and compiled ____ hadiths. this collection was further improved by his pupil who published his book, jami. Ibn-maja and Imam Nasai also compiled their sunan work. So in this last stage, 6 sound books were complied.

Reaction score
I don't get how to answer Q2 on communal life and individual conduct of Muslims from Hadis set for special study. Anyone of help?

Reaction score
I don't get how to answer Q2 on communal life and individual conduct of Muslims from Hadis set for special study. Anyone of help?
can you please wait till evening. i will post complete answers of these tonight. please wait.

Reactions: Ad.
Reaction score
its simple. write a paragraph on importance of communal life in islam. dnt mention ahadis or quranic verses here. wtie: islam has laid gr8 emphasis on rightly leading a communal life. effort of every individual is necessary for maintaining a society that is in line with islamic principles etc etc etc. thn write dwn 3-5 ahadis from the syllabus about communal life and explain there teachings briefly. but 1 by 1
don't mind but according to mark scheme this would score no more than level 3. so please wait till evening then i would post complete answers on communal and individual life.

Reaction score
Suchal Riaz, I want to ask certain questions:
Regarding the expansion of Hazrat Umar (R.A) can I write the main battles briefly and other insignificant battles in no more than 5 lines including the date, outcome and the territories gained as a result? If a question comes on the main events of his caliphate, we have to mention like almost all of the battles and administration too?

Reaction score
Suchal Riaz, I want to ask certain questions:
Regarding the expansion of Hazrat Umar (R.A) can I write the main battles briefly and other insignificant battles in no more than 5 lines including the date, outcome and the territories gained as a result? If a question comes on the main events of his caliphate, we have to mention like almost all of the battles and administration too?
Write only those battles which are important and by them more territories were gained. (except battle of jasr/bridge). write date(i.e 633), name of battle, commander of both sides, number of armies. who won. which areas were gained. read Dr. Mustafa book, and believe me it is enough for caliphs. no need of details in other books. it is all what we want.

Reaction score
Write only those battles which are important and by them more territories were gained. (except battle of jasr/bridge). write date(i.e 633), name of battle, commander of both sides, number of armies. who won. which areas were gained. read Dr. Mustafa book, and believe me it is enough for caliphs. no need of details in other books. it is all what we want.

Thanks a bunch for your help! : ) I am referring to Yasmin Malik and FNM's book. Can you mention the correct dates of the battles fought during the reign of Hazrat Umar (R.A) and quote the number of traditions of each of the six books of hadith from Dr. Mustafa's book? I don't have it as of now :\ and I don't have much time left to buy a new book so I hope you don't mind mentioning those here. ^^

Reaction score
for topics like dry ablution, timings of prayer etc and ofcourse other such topics in all the pillars, are there any questions to prepare for?? i mean what to learn from these minor topics and where to use their information

I have never seen such questions on Tayamum, delayed prayers etc but maybe they can come as part B so all you can do is to better prepare these minor topics to be on a safer side. You can write about dry ablution too if the question ask you about the preparations before offering prayers. Don't forget to learn congregation/friday prayers as it has previously came. Timings of prayer can be mentioned in a question asking you about the method of the prayer because according to the prescribed time you will say your prayers. Dua/invocation can be mentioned in this question. Speaking of other pillars of Islam you need to learn the rate of Zakat, to whom it should be paid as you can mention these in a question asking about how almsgiving is carried out. Riba/usury is also important. For Hajj, you should know the whole method as well as the difference between Hajj and Umrah. In fasting, you should know the major observances like Tarawih prayers, Itikaf and obviously the method and the conditions of Saum.

Reaction score
USE OF HADITHS IN INDIVIDUAL AND COMMUNAL LIFE
download these notes. made by me. according to the markscheme. please pray for us that may Allah give A*s of all of us and the paper2 would be easy. Good luck for your last paper (y)

Attachments

• Communal and Individual Life.pdf
    368.8 KB · Views: 360