• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Get Started

Reaction score
Ok,any way.....

Is there anyway to find the vertex of a curve by simply looking at the quadratic statement?Instead of making it into a complete square and looking at -h and k?Like can you find the vertex of -4x^2 +11x - 6 mentally?The x and intercepts can be found mentally,as well as the x coordinate of the vertex,but what about the y coordinate of the vertex?Any help here?
yeah there is a formula for that
-b/2a brings up the x coordinate for the turning point I think
y coordinate can then be found

Reaction score
Is the highest magnification of electron microscope x250000 and is its resolution 0.5 or 0.05 or 0.25 or 0.025

Reaction score
So what are you guys here upto mostly?Im just doing general reading of the chapters,no past papers as of yet,already half-done with AS economics,though Physics is a bitch :mad:,Chem and maths are going fine,but Phy is messy.I'm really struggling with forces and all that vector diagrams.Any of you with the same dilemma ?Any notes on the topic?

Reaction score
So what are you guys here upto mostly?Im just doing general reading of the chapters,no past papers as of yet,already half-done with AS economics,though Physics is a bitch :mad:,Chem and maths are going fine,but Phy is messy.I'm really struggling with forces and all that vector diagrams.Any of you with the same dilemma ?Any notes on the topic?
Tell me about Economics, is it like hard or anything or people just exaggerate? How long would it take to complete the AS syllabus? Can it be done without guidance like if I want to appear privately?
Maths so far is going fine, did functions and quadratic equations. We don't have any other subject in common.

Reaction score
Tell me about Economics, is it like hard or anything or people just exaggerate? How long would it take to complete the AS syllabus? Can it be done without guidance like if I want to appear privately?
Maths so far is going fine, did functions and quadratic equations. We don't have any other subject in common.
Its not that hard,there are total 7 Chaps and we've started the 4th one now.Its pretty much understanding of whats going on,not ratta or anything,its interesting and i often find myself reading it now and then casually.And privately i dont know.We have a sir that has a grip on the subject and instead of making us wtite paragraphs he just explains everything,and can answer our queries logically,so it depends on you,a tuition would be better IMO or at least some form of guidance ,for when you hit dead ends.
Same for maths,its pretty much basic still too.

Reaction score
Did you try any past papers for Economics?
There are 2 papers,1 mcq with 30 mcqs and one P2 with one data response q with short qs and 1 long one with 12 and 8 mark qs.
MCQs were easy,but then again i did the first few as i've only done the first few chaps,and as with any other sub,most mcqs are easy enough especially the initial one.P2 i only tried in a test and it was fine.Like the 7 and 14 mark qs in history,we have to recall and write in those qs mostly.And there is also a bit of graph sketching,NOT plotting or anything,just general overview to highlight that we know what we're talking about.
IMO you should try it if you're interested.Drop it if it gets too strenuous but do give it a go.

Reaction score
There are 2 papers,1 mcq with 30 mcqs and one P2 with one data response q with short qs and 1 long one with 12 and 8 mark qs.
MCQs were easy,but then again i did the first few as i've only done the first few chaps,and as with any other sub,most mcqs are easy enough especially the initial one.P2 i only tried in a test and it was fine.Like the 7 and 14 mark qs in history,we have to recall and write in those qs mostly.And there is also a bit of graph sketching,NOT plotting or anything,just general overview to highlight that we know what we're talking about.
IMO you should try it if you're interested.Drop it if it gets too strenuous but do give it a go.
Sure, thanks a lot. :)

Reaction score
gif-howfascinatingtellusmore.gif

On a serious note, why exactly are you struggling in forces? As in do you not understand the concepts, applying the formula??