• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Get Started

Reaction score
View attachment 47786

Q WITH THE BLUE MARK....
having found pt of intersection P as x=1 and y=2 we can now find the distance btw p and line y=3x+7 so tht half the distance will give Q ..now the distance being said here means the perpendicular distance so we do know tht this perpendicular wud pass thru P(1,2) and tht its gradient will be -1/3 so we can find its equation by y=mx+c which gives m as -1/3 and putting in x=1 and y=2 gives c=7/3 so y= (-1x+7)/3 now finding the point of intersection of this perpendicular with the line y=3x+7 will give us the coordinates on y=3x+7 which are(-1.4,2.8) so 2 coordinates r (1,2) and (-1.4,2.8) hence midway pt= (-0.2,2.4)

Reaction score
having found pt of intersection P as x=1 and y=2 we can now find the distance btw p and line y=3x+7 so tht half the distance will give Q ..now the distance being said here means the perpendicular distance so we do know tht this perpendicular wud pass thru P(1,2) and tht its gradient will be -1/3 so we can find its equation by y=mx+c which gives m as -1/3 and putting in x=1 and y=2 gives c=7/3 so y= (-1x+7)/3 now finding the point of intersection of this perpendicular with the line y=3x+7 will give us the coordinates on y=3x+7 which are(-1.4,2.8) so 2 coordinates r (1,2) and (-1.4,2.8) hence midway pt= (-0.2,2.4)
But where is perpendicular stated?Or are we just to assume it?Because the given information is too vague to accurately find the answer.The line from the P point could be cutting the y=3x+7 midpoint at an angle above or below 90,so are we just to assume?

Reaction score
But where is perpendicular stated?Or are we just to assume it?Because the given information is too vague to accurately find the answer.The line from the P point could be cutting the y=3x+7 midpoint at an angle above or below 90,so are we just to assume?
the distance between the point P and the line is actually the perpendicular distance ...For instance consider the loci of a point at a fixed distance from the line (e.g AB) now the loci will be a line parallel to AB such that its distance from AB is constant and that distance is the perpendicular distance and thus talking about the distance from a line we talk about its perpendicular distance unless stated other wise

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright - something to test your guys wits.

If we somehow manage to produce an unstoppable force and somehow manage to produce an immovable object and both meet/collide - who wins? You have to look at it practically, not theoretically. As such, you can assume this happens in any location of this world. Do you think it'll be a stalemate or one side will win? Both forces are equal is size, weight, magnitude etc.

F.Z.M. 7 thinks one will win, depends on circumstances which wins. I believe it'll be a stalemate, as there is a place in this world (might be artificial) where there is no net force or any external factors to trouble both forces.

What do you think? :3

Dark Destination M.Omar Kamihus FLRNAB Awesome12 ***amd*** funky brat asadalam exploded diper Tag whoever I missed. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score

If we somehow manage to produce an unstoppable force and somehow manage to produce an immovable object and both meet/collide - who wins? You have to look at it practically, not theoretically. As such, you can assume this happens in any location of this world. Do you think it'll be a stalemate or one side will win? Both forces are equal is size, weight, magnitude etc.

F.Z.M. 7 thinks one will win, depends on circumstances which wins. I believe it'll be a stalemate, as there is a place in this world (might be artificial) where there is no net force or any external factors to trouble both forces.

Dark Destination M.Omar Kamihus FLRNAB Awesome12 ***amd*** funky brat asadalam exploded diper Tag whoever I missed. :p

can the object break ..or something then thne object wil lose and force continues .......
but if not then i guess one will win someday .....maybe the unstoppable object(if there is such thing)will change its angle after colliding

Oooooorrrrrrr they will pass right through each other

Reaction score
can the object break ..or something then thne object wil lose and force continues .......
but if not then i guess one will win someday .....maybe the unstoppable object(if there is such thing)will change its angle after colliding

Oooooorrrrrrr they will pass right through each other

How can two solid objects pass right through each other?

Reaction score

Assuming the force is infinite,and the mass is infinite,then F=ma so Infinity/Infinity =1 so acceleration would be 1 and force would win

^^
Physics ka satyanas hogia :p