• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Get Started

Reaction score
Alright - something to test your guys wits.

If we somehow manage to produce an unstoppable force and somehow manage to produce an immovable object and both meet/collide - who wins? You have to look at it practically, not theoretically. As such, you can assume this happens in any location of this world. Do you think it'll be a stalemate or one side will win? Both forces are equal is size, weight, magnitude etc.

F.Z.M. 7 thinks one will win, depends on circumstances which wins. I believe it'll be a stalemate, as there is a place in this world (might be artificial) where there is no net force or any external factors to trouble both forces.

What do you think? :3

Dark Destination M.Omar Kamihus FLRNAB Awesome12 ***amd*** funky brat asadalam exploded diper Tag whoever I missed. :p
The immovable object has infinite amount of force holding it in place, since it's an object and not able to move. Unstoppable force also has infinite amount of force. Assuming the two infinities to be the same magnitude, the net force should be 0, meaning that motion will not take place. Nothing will move. They will cancel each other out completely.The immovable object will also be no longer immovable.
So no one wins. Impossible for anyone to win.

Practically, this is not possible as immovable object and unstoppable force can not exist in the same universe. That's against their definition.

Reaction score

If we somehow manage to produce an unstoppable force and somehow manage to produce an immovable object and both meet/collide - who wins? You have to look at it practically, not theoretically. As such, you can assume this happens in any location of this world. Do you think it'll be a stalemate or one side will win? Both forces are equal is size, weight, magnitude etc.

F.Z.M. 7 thinks one will win, depends on circumstances which wins. I believe it'll be a stalemate, as there is a place in this world (might be artificial) where there is no net force or any external factors to trouble both forces.

Dark Destination M.Omar Kamihus FLRNAB Awesome12 ***amd*** funky brat asadalam exploded diper Tag whoever I missed. :p

No tag alert -______-

The fact that an object has no motion/ motion rests in the fact and concept of inertia. The greater the inertia, the less likely it is that the object will move when a force is applied to it. There is a force that will oppose the new force, as forces always act in pairs.

An immovable object will have an infinite mass (something that is not possible), that causes its inertia to increase so much that no force A can cause the object to move.

Now the unstoppable force B will have its force's magnitude as infinity as well, that is this force cannot be stopped by anything. You have assumed the magnitudes to be the same. Thus, both the force B and 'reaction' force are both the same.

Thus automatically, there is on net force causing no motion.

If however, you claim that the force B will still be a fraction greater than the 'reaction' force, then one must introduce the concept of friction. In this case, friction with the surface of the object. The greater the force, the greater the friction. You can rub your hands together, and feel the heat. Now rub them harder and feel the heat. Friction has caused heat. Thus when force B will act on the object, friction will be produced. Loss in force exerted on the object. No motion.

Reaction score
No tag alert -______-

The fact that an object has no motion/ motion rests in the fact and concept of inertia. The greater the inertia, the less likely it is that the object will move when a force is applied to it. There is a force that will oppose the new force, as forces always act in pairs.

An immovable object will have an infinite mass (something that is not possible), that causes its inertia to increase so much that no force A can cause the object to move.

Now the unstoppable force B will have its force's magnitude as infinity as well, that is this force cannot be stopped by anything. You have assumed the magnitudes to be the same. Thus, both the force B and 'reaction' force are both the same.

If however, you claim that the force B will still be a fraction greater than the 'reaction' force, then one must introduce the concept of friction. In this case, friction with the surface of the object. The greater the force, the greater the friction. You can rub your hands together, and feel the heat. Now rub them harder and feel the heat. Friction has caused heat. Thus when force B will act on the object, friction will be produced. Loss in force exerted on the object. No motion.
so vats ur real name again?

Reaction score
His name is Habibi and he is shit in chess. He thinks you are a nerd.
I have beaten you several times in chess. I am leading 5-2.

file.gif

Reaction score
In whatever the hell blitz chess is OR having 2 other guys correct your every wrong move and reveal my every plan. :D
Blitz chess is real chess; thinking really fast in a short time period. Analyzing each and every possible move in seconds. This is chess that actually trains your brain, and teaches you to make right moves :p
They helped me in 2 games only; the help too was one that I didn't ask for. So they came by my wish. The point is I still beat you, and you are just running out of excuses.

Reaction score
No tag alert -______-

but if the force hits the object but the object doesn't move wouldn't the unstoppable force be stopped .

Reaction score

I didn't get any alert. :eek:

Reaction score
Exactly, but MarcoReus has made a very very stupid assumption. Thereby the force isn't unstoppable.

What are you even saying?

I said both forces cancel each other out = the immovable object wins. What in the hell have I even assumed?

Anyway, F.Z.M. 7, I didn't read both comments :ROFLMAO:. Awesome's logic of friction is pretty much flawed - I am talking about you explaining to these guys about how it should work practically - and THEN they hopefully debunk it. :D

Reaction score
What are you even saying?

I said both forces cancel each other out = the immovable object wins. What in the hell have I even assumed?

Anyway, F.Z.M. 7, I didn't read both comments :ROFLMAO:. Awesome's logic of friction is pretty much flawed - I am talking about you explaining to these guys about how it should work practically - and THEN they hopefully debunk it. :D
Forget it. I think you should be studying something. :p

Please bestow your genious-ness upon us. :p