• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets wrap up Islamiat Paper: you have doubts post them and get the solutions

Reaction score
well i was reading that one should not mention in his local language as the language might not be understood by the examiner. so tolas is an urdu word, that is why just wanted t confirm

Reaction score
Question: Describe the ways in which the earliest companions started their compilations of Hadis? [10]
Question: What methods were adopted to preserve the Hadis? [10]
Question: Write a note on the History of Ahadis? [10]
Question: Discuss the compilation of Ahadis in the early centuries of Islam? [10]
Answer: The first period of the compilation of the Ahadis was during Holy Prophet (S.A.W) lifetime. Prophet himself would give instructions about the transmission of what he taught, “Preach what you hear me say. Also let those who see and hear me, take upon themselves to communicate my words to others and preach to their children, relatives and friends.” The Companions had three methods of learning or preservation of the Hadis; memorization, writing, and practice. The companions always tried to observe the actions of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W), remember his sayings and then apply what they saw to their own practices in their everyday life.
Abu Hurairah used to write what he heard from the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in a book form and more than 5000 Ahadis were attributed to him. Similarly, Hazrat Ali (R.A) had a booklet containing traditions which concerned the orders and instructions from time to time by the Holy Prophet (S.A.W). Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar (R.A) wrote every word of Holy Prophet (S.A.W)’s speech and more than 2000 Ahadis were attributed to him. Hence during this time more than 10000 Ahadis were collected. Hazrat Aisha (R.A) also used to preserve the sayings of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) likewise Hazrat Abdullah bin Abbas was engaged in preserving and transmitting the Ahadis
During this period the companions acted and wrote what the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said individually.
The second period of compilation (101-200 AH) was after the Holy Prophet’s death. New converts wanted to hear about him (S.A.W) and therefore the companions were the first source of information who narrated to their successor (Tabaeen).
Umar bin Abdul Malik gave the official orders that the Ahadis should be compiled. Therefore many scholars prepared many collections of the Ahadis and various methods were adopted in its arrangement. The first method was by tracing them to each companion despite the theme. It is called Masnad, the titles of their chapters are Masnad of Abu Bakr (R.A), Masnad of Abu Hurairah (R.A), Masnad of Hazrat Bibi Aisha (R.A), and the famous compilation by Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal.
The second category was by grouping the Ahadis into chapters and some of the chapters according to their theme. The best non-compilation of this type is Al-Mutah by Imam Malik and Al-Musannaf of Imam Abdul Razaq. The compilers introduced each Ahadis with its own Isnad (series of authorities). But they did not discriminate between the authentic and less authentic Ahadis. So they were mixed up.
Third period (Golden period) (200-300 AH) - The third period begin with the death of the companions. Muslims had to rely on the communication of the successors who narrated to the Taba Ta baeen or successors of the successors. This was the golden age of Ahadis. Reciting and memorizing traditions was considered to be a privilege and soon a great number of them had been collected. Ahadis could be authentic or lesser authentic and so the early authorities included only those Ahadis which they considered to be genuine. The ones suspected to be fabricated were rejected. They said that the text should have no conflict with the Quran or with more reliable Hadis. Isnad must be full and unbroken while the narrators must be known for his memory, piety and knowledge.
The Asol ul-Hadis was already been developed and Ismail Al-Bukhari’s idea to compile the authentic Ahadis through a branch of Asol ul-Hadith called Asma ur-Rijal (to check the chain of Tranmitters) he gathered 600000 of them out of which more than 7000 were added to his work and it took him 16 years to compile. He was followed by number of other scholars such as Imam Muslim ibne Hajaj. The collection by Bukhari and Muslim are held in great esteem and are known as the two Sahihs that is the two collection recognized as absolutely authentic. Abu Daud author of al-Sunan, Al-Tirmizi, author of Al-Jame, Al-Nasai author of al-Sunnah and ibne Majah author of Kitab Al-Sunnah. These four works along with Bukhari and Muslim became widely recognized in the Muslim world as six leading books called Al-Kutub Al-Sitta or the six Sahihs.
In the last period many other scholars compiled new collections. Their contents were taken from the six books and arranged in various ways until it was felt that all the Ahadis circulating orally introduced to writing. Hence the Hadis literature became exceedingly rich and finally came to the state as we know it today. It is guide for all Muslims.

Sir what d ou mean by "the best NONCOMPILATION "!??

Reaction score
when discussing the method of Hajj, do we have to mention the beliefs involved.
for example, while discussing Sai, do we have to mention the event of when Ibrahim (A.S) left Hazrat Hajra with Ismail (A.S)...

Reaction score
for example, while discussing Sai, do we have to mention the event of when Ibrahim (A.S) left Hazrat Hajra with Ismail (A.S)...
not in detail but u can guve a hint as muslim perform such act in memory of such person

Reaction score
what type of quest occurs regarding the mthod of prayer n wht do v hav 2 say in it............. plz reply

Reaction score
for method of prayer, they can ask the complete method of prayer for 2 Ra'kaths, and in that mention all the postures and what is supposed to be read in each posture.
they can also ask the importance of prayer for that i recommend the farkhanda noor mohammad book, and i think thats it

Reaction score
for method of prayer, they can ask the complete method of prayer for 2 Ra'kaths, and in that mention all the postures and what is supposed to be read in each posture.
they can also ask the importance of prayer for that i recommend the farkhanda noor mohammad book, and i think thats it
I ddnt learned the method is it really imp to lern

Reaction score
well no, because the question appeared in november/october 2012, and so it cannot appear in 2 successive years

Reaction score
sir can u plz tell me the answer that y angel jibrael is the cheif among angels as a four marks question
He was the one who brought revelation to each prophet
He brought other news example to Hazrat Maryam of the birth of Her son
He was with Prophet in Isra and Mairaj
and etc
Note: This is not the complete answer, I can post it if you want :)

Reaction score
He was the one who brought revelation to each prophet
He brought other news example to Hazrat Maryam of the birth of Her son
He was with Prophet in Isra and Mairaj
and etc
Note: This is not the complete answer, I can post it if you want :)
can u post plz i need it

Reaction score
yes, although it is a Madinite Surah because most of its content was revealed in Madina. Its last verses were revealed to the Prophet (S.AW) during the event of the Isra wa Miraj