• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Life long lesson(s) you've learnt?

Reaction score
I have learnt that what goes around , comes around. We must trust in Allah because He is just.

If a person is rude and dirt-mouthed, he won't have many friends. If a person doesn't respect others, he won't be respected.
The person who constantly hurts others with his acrimonious words is alone deep inside.
It's called natural justice and it always throws up its charms.

Reaction score
An eye for eye is never the best solution.
But being too nice and easy towards the one who harasses constantly is worse. You should have the courage to stand up for yourself and not let that person breach your self-respect.
No matter how socially-important he maybe, under no right can ANYONE harass you.

Reaction score
One thing I've taught myself to do least of : Hope. A pessimistic notion perhaps, but I don't like the fall that comes as a consequence of being let down, the soaring which ends up with the eventual drop. The temporary feeling of vigor and optimism, joy and maybe even happiness, just does not seem worth it.

Reaction score
One thing I've taught myself to do least of : Hope. A pessimistic notion perhaps, but I don't like the fall that comes as a consequence of being let down, the soaring which ends up with the eventual drop. The temporary feeling of vigor and optimism, joy and maybe even happiness, just does not seem worth it.
Hope is the strongest weapon a believer can possess! ;)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Beauty, wealth and status are the worst things to have in life.
don't know.... some ppl can at least use status to be more effective... like more ppl will listen to you so u can talk to ppl others won't get to.... same way wealth to gain Allah's pleasure...
it's like what Sh. Kamal el Makki said.. if ur in dawah mode anything can be used for dawah! :)

Reaction score
don't know.... some ppl can at least use status to be more effective... like more ppl will listen to you so u can talk to ppl others won't get to.... same way wealth to gain Allah's pleasure...
it's like what Sh. Kamal el Makki said.. if ur in dawah mode anything can be used for dawah! :)
That same influence can be used in a wrong way too... besides, it can create a lot of troubles you need to be strong enough to bear. I heard this once: 'I eat better than her, but she sleeps better than me. I sing more than her, but her songs are happier.' (some Prince about his maid)

Reaction score
I have learnt that what goes around , comes around. We must trust in Allah because He is just.

If a person is rude and dirt-mouthed, he won't have many friends. If a person doesn't respect others, he won't be respected.
The person who constantly hurts others with his acrimonious words is alone deep inside.
It's called natural justice and it always throws up its charms.

something i wanted to say, thankyou for putting the words down nicely izzah.

Besides that what i learned is :
you need to love yourself first, this is what matters the MOST. Respect yourself and then expect people to respect you.
Respect matters girls! it does! no one has the right to humiliate you and 'conquer' you. A person who cannot respect you just simply CANNOT love you. Learn to respect yourself and your boundaries.

Reaction score
something i wanted to say, thankyou for putting the words down nicely izzah.

Besides that what i learned is :
you need to love yourself first, this is what matters the MOST. Respect yourself and then expect people to respect you.
Respect matters girls! it does! no one has the right to humiliate you and 'conquer' you. A person who cannot respect you just simply CANNOT love you. Learn to respect yourself and your boundaries.

"A person who cannot respect you just simply CANNOT love you" How true!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
That same influence can be used in a wrong way too... besides, it can create a lot of troubles you need to be strong enough to bear. I heard this once: 'I eat better than her, but she sleeps better than me. I sing more than her, but her songs are happier.' (some Prince about his maid)

hmm... but let's just thank Allah for whatever He gave us and try to work with that..... everyone's tests are different... I once read "when he eventually did go he found the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence. "
so kamal el makki's approach is good.. whatever resources u have... u try to convert them into stuff that'll benefit....

Reaction score
hmm... but let's just thank Allah for whatever He gave us and try to work with that..... everyone's tests are different... I once read "when he eventually did go he found the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence. "
so kamal el makki's approach is good.. whatever resources u have... u try to convert them into stuff that'll benefit....
True. :) Agreed :)