• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Love in Islam: Valentine's Day

Did you read this article?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Duuude! Go get Windows 7 :p It's not stealing. There's a topic called 'dumping' in economics. Do google it. They (Microsoft people) do this for their own benefit.
Do you think Bill Gates doesn't know Win 7 is all over torrents and CDs for free? Of course, he knows this. But he's already earned much from his domestic users and users who actually pay for these products; Microsoft doesn't need your money for this out-dated stuff.

P.S My version is original ;]

Haha! I'm kinda unclear on this, so i rather ristrict myself and be on the safe side. :p ... I have a laptop which came with Windows Vista. Im actually using that, and my PC is stuck with XP.. It's not that I can't format, lol.
I know he did earn.. but still :p .. he should earn a bit more from us if we are to use his products.

AsSalam o Alaikum,

Hope we benifit, inshaAllah.

Walikum AsSalam sir!
Bad robot, Gosh, you really are Good and making me feel Bad now. Read that translation when I used to read Quran translations, your making me question my own character now. They look so bold and clear when played with the small video.. I will have to redesign myself after i finish my teens..

Reaction score
xpf member post: [Now people all over cash in on this opportunity to kindle the fire in young hearts and instill in their minds the necessity of having a ‘Special Someone’ to love. No wonder last year’s newspaper carried news of a woman who sued her husband for divorce for not giving her anything on Valentine’s. According to her it was absolutely necessary to express one’s love on this day and her husband did not give her anything which meant that he did not love her.
Apparently Valentine’s Day made her feel ‘unloved’ rather than ‘loved’.
What kind of love depends upon gifts for its survival? What kind of love is restricted to one day in the whole year? What kind of love breeds hatred, jealousy and a sense of deprivation in many?
Valentine’s Day also proves exceptionally painful for the not-so-popular kids in school who don’t get as many Valentine cards as their friends do.]

@ xpf member: how come u r against valantines day. i mean cumoon. no need to go deep into every matter. nd no need to make it complex. dnt go to its history or see dat from which race or religion the festival comes bcz the msg nd purpose of the day is fine. dat is to express love to ur dear ones. if its done under limits. no fuzool kharchi or expensive gifts buying then its perfectly fine i think. prophet pbuh loved humanity and expressed his love to his close ones. numerous qutes on that. why is that some muslims and conservative so called Maulanaaz or religious scholars spend so much money on Eid Milaad Un Nabi (the decoration and all) but being against this day.
what's wrong in expresing ur love to ur closed ones, give them roses or gifts. u love them always but u can enjoy nd have fun on this day u know it ads some crisp to ur life. i m really sorry i didn't read ur all posts on valantine (so lengthy). i will surely read soon then i might be able to better comment on it. but this is my view bf4 reading all those quotes n stuff

@xpf member: now u r quoting exceptions. rare events i mean ''just like a woman sued herself on valentine day''... i guess she was not mentally healthy if she did such stupid act. everything is used in right or wrong way. everyone has his own thinking nd has set some principles of morality for himself.
well it shouldn't be painful 4 those school going kids, they shud also join in the fun. valentine day doesn't mean only boy friend girl friend love. who said gifts r for the survival of love? didn't prophet liked giving gifts. its a symbol to show ur love. love is not restricted , it shud be rejoiced more on this day. now everyday u cnt take out time nd go for some party.. dinner. u can go at this day. plus whole community society is celebrating so dat creates a warm environment around. how can u create dat daily? a sense of deprivation shouldn't come in those many u r quoting. u have people near u, be it parents, siblings n relatives. if u love them just go n enjoy with them.

i agree on this. i hate wasting money. but nothing wrong in expressing love thru words. nd showing ur care nd importance of people around u. bring some happiness. valantine obviously is not only about material gifts i guess

Reaction score
WaAlaikum AsSalam Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu!

JazakAllah Kheir for your post!

I get your line of reasoning and am happy I’m learning a lot in less than 24 hours :D

Watched Zakir Naik’s speech - it was impressive, Masha’Allah.

But, personally, being a girl, I find practicing polygamy very hard to accept - Even though I am completely aware, understand and know why it’s allowed in Islam.

m a girl 2 n so understand u totally.......
its gre8 u took it all in 24 hrs........i took 365 days 2 digest this

Reactions: ktc
Reaction score
Duuude! Go get Windows 7 :p It's not stealing. There's a topic called 'dumping' in economics. Do google it. They (Microsoft people) do this for their own benefit.
Do you think Bill Gates doesn't know Win 7 is all over torrents and CDs for free? Of course, he knows this. But he's already earned much from his domestic users and users who actually pay for these products; Microsoft doesn't need your money for this out-dated stuff.

This is probably off-topic, but I disagree. Unless you actually BUY the official Windows 7 (or whatever) CD, it IS stealing which IS illegal. Microsoft already knows there's millions of Windows 7 torrents all over the Internet and I am quite sure they don't approve of it at all, but whether they take action against it or not is besides the point. Most of the free/cheap CDs you are talking about aren't even a genuine copy and you get a warning (well, not warning but more like a notification) that you have a non-genuine copy on your system. There are millions of Nintendo ROMs out there, and Nintendo has explicitly stated they don't approve of illegally obtaining these ROMs unless you actually buy the game cartridge AND dump it yourself (don't have the source to this article though) AND don't distribute it. Windows case isn't any different to this. The same goes for any software that isn't free IMO. You should pay for them if you want to use them.

I don't see how money/profit has got anything to do with stealing here. The point is: you are stealing which is illegal.

About the topic at hand, I could care less about Feb 14. :p I think it's pretty stupid to pass roses, gifts, etc to others anyway, heh. :p

Reaction score

see ya in JAIL!!! LOL

actually its illegal...bt EVERYONE iz using torrentz nd juss how many will dey stop???

Reaction score
I voted no for the poll. The reason was that the first option also said to say no to Valentines Day. Am I not entitled to have my own opinion after reading the article or am I bound to follow the opinion of the writer of the article?
Had the question just been Did you read the article, Yes or No? Then I would have read the article and clicked yes.

Reaction score
Of course ppl r entitld 2 thr opinion, but islamically thr is no such thng as valentine's day, as stated by majority of d scholars....
yes thr is no harm in expresng luv 2 ur frnds n family but to do tht on ths specific day... its imitating the non muslims, which is haraam in islam.. the rst is up 2 u
:)