• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Love in Islam: Valentine's Day

Did you read this article?

• Total voters

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
LOL that's what I was thinking

and btw all those who had confusions, are you all really convinced or not?

aqeelhussain?getsomelife? Others?

And note that I have no problems and infact no right to be rude or annoyed at any questions, and neither did I mean to be! Hope u all didnt misunderstand me ;) cuz behind the screen one cannot rightly judge the way the person's talking :p

So to clear I had no problems with any of your questions and if any of u r still havin any confusions, feel free to ask...
May Allah guide us all and give us all the best of health n eman till our last breath aameen

Plz do remember me and the whole xpc community in your prayers

ktc

Reaction score
^ Don’t worry; people can never misunderstand you! :p

Ameen!!

Reaction score
This has been the most productive discussion on XPC so far. (y)

Thanks to CoolCrystal's status, and my questionings :p .. Honestly I found your opinions exactly matching like mine. :)

I just want to say something, we cannot possibly follow islam the MOST perfect way. I mean yes of course I do believe there is a hereafter where we will be questioned about every SINGLE thing we did on earth. But targeting this topic makes me feel uncomfortable to some extent. Back in those days it was possible, but now things are not the same, women are not confined to houses anymore.

There are so many things we do that is so un-islamic. No, I'm not trying to corrupt anyone, or wanting someone to follow the path of evil, yes all this is seriously wrong. If your not indulged into all this, i suggest you stay away from all this 'nonsense'.. But I do feel 'some' of those who protest just against this valentine/love/relationships are so hypocrites.

If you find this valentine SO wrong, trust me those of you against this are doing more wrong doings than you can imagine everyday. Ofcourse trying to limit is one step to being a bit more clean. Watching ANY movie is haram. I don't think we will find one forum'er who doesnt watch movies, actually I dont. [ I stopped for 6 months to somewhat compensate for things im doing right now I know is wrong, no im not in love or something, I dont even have a valentine, I had one last year, I'm just learning to play guitar].

Yes, listening to music is also haram, I bet once a while everyone listens. And another thing is, Piracy is also to some extent STEALING? Watching Movies by downloading them is actually stealing, as the producers don't benefit from thier production. You want to be so rightful? Using any software (Windows 7/Microsoft Office/ even downloading Games as torrents) Is also not right? Will you actually by Operating systems for $900? -.- No.
Many books we use of CIE, are fake copies, and not to be used in Asia, its written on the front page of the books. Okay forget that, but the online ebooks? Resources that are meant to be read from books after paying, and are against the books right to copy and past online?
That is also somewhat abusing the technology of copying. These CIE PASTPAPERS we are getting from XP.. shouldn't these be downloaded from CIE? So that they can earn for thier papers?

Why do i feel so offended in this topic, dont know how you guys live out your life, but many people just grab me and said last year "aqeel, your celebrating valentines day and you know its haram, shame on you" ... Whereas they do so many things without looking into it. The software and all, i thought of myself, thats why I use WindowsXP till now, to minimize my sins.

I know, everyones post over here turns out to be so long, Just read the mini ones, so don't actually mind if mine is missed out. I try to control myself over what i can: watching movies and all, but i really give up on some stuff.

R

rockincrew

As salam alikum

wow all that arguying...!
Honestly i dint know wen was this valentines day...but u reminded me :p

Hmm thnx alot to xpfmember, badrobot , ummm cool crystals princessanum...and all rest who contributed....

I will give my opinion on valentine day but for me it breif .....

"Well i show my love to anyone...family frendz and those living currently (not to mention Allah, Prophet pbuh etc) weneva i want and weneva i can!!! I dont leave to One specific day!! Send gifts greetings etc etc weneva i can! Valentine day is day someone COOL inVented it! I mention Cool...cuz look, i mean how many people did he made em follow it...COOL ryt! "

Ummmm nothing more to say....did xpfmember..crystals....princess...and badrobot left anything more to say?? NO!

Reaction score
LOL that's what I was thinking

and btw all those who had confusions, are you all really convinced or not?

aqeelhussain?getsomelife? Others?

Well it actually doesn't matter I'm convinced or not, as I have no valentine this year, lol :p ..but yeah reading all those big posts felt tiring at first, but then it makes me feel kinda uncomfortable with What I am.

Yeah, everything and everyones posts here are so convincing and real. I mean it makes sense 100%, we can never be sure on who is actually going to be our spouse and stuff. So at the end what we all have done is just going to be a bunch of sins at the end of the day, and you'll end up with someone else.

Ey ey, im not a stubborn guy arlight.. ^^ Nothing posted here is wrong. It did change the way I feel to some extent.. honestly speaking.. :)

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb! :)
your welcome...i am glad if my status helped :) plus...your questionings have benefitted many of us cuz from this thread many of us got to learn so many new thing :D

it did help, i actually never thought of surfing the net searching for religious matters, this xpfmember is one awesome dude. Few days back I registered to one of his threads about One week islamic thing, did such a improvement in my religious life!! though the valentines day just suppressed my question about love marrige too... :p ...i myself learned ALOT of stuff with just one thread.. thanks xpf and ALL those who contributed!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
thats why I use WindowsXP till now, to minimize my sins.

Duuude! Go get Windows 7 :p It's not stealing. There's a topic called 'dumping' in economics. Do google it. They (Microsoft people) do this for their own benefit.
Do you think Bill Gates doesn't know Win 7 is all over torrents and CDs for free? Of course, he knows this. But he's already earned much from his domestic users and users who actually pay for these products; Microsoft doesn't need your money for this out-dated stuff.

P.S My version is original ;]

Reaction score
salamz ktc.......
i ve seen most of ur arguments r based on "muslims of today" than islam- da og religion
if we see ure v concerned abt divorce rates in ksa........agreed but did da prophet ever tell muslims to consider saudis be ur exemplary muslim role models......nope
so wwe care a damn abt it as most may n are not accordin da Quran n Sunnah. such stuff hardly happened in da salafs times
n if we r so vehemently attached
this western clebration did u ever consider da divorce rates there? da no. of single parents? da rape cases? cases of sexual abuse? wife swapping? extra marital affairs? etc etc.......
all a result of pre marital relationships

2ly you should know this that da girl n boys consent is essential necessity for a marriage in islam take place..no consent marriages have no place in islam.it is null n void. da prophet himself abolished da marriage of a girl who complained 2 him about being married by her father wout her consent.
again care a damn saudi practices.they arent ur model muslims. the prophet is our uswah n ultimate role model
also abt ur concern of knowin da girl /boy before marriage..it was encouraged by da prophet to see ur be groom/bride before.as 1ce a sahabi was 2 b married.da prophet asked him whether he had seen his 2 be bride. when replied in da -ve da prophet told him 2 go n see her. the face ,hands can be seen .nothing else. n no touchin before marriage
n 1 can even indulge in direct conversation wid thier 2 be provided da girls mahram is present
so khadija obviously sent her proposal 2 abu talib by another lady. n yes it is natural 2 have feelings for da opp sex but islam tells us 2 put a stop 2 it if u cant legally continue ie marry.

n yup da western ideology of marriage has been reshaped 2 nothin.........my american friend was like i was da only 1 in my class who hd both my parents.is this da consequence of ppl celebratin valentines? its misuse of women n offendin both parties. it starts off wid premaritallove n then marriage n then divorce n affairs.
oh yes n we r shocked when prophet married aishah of 9yrs with her consentwhen 10 yr old kids have kids

quote me statistics of successful love marriages........researche show da opposite
in islam, marriage is a strong bond n sthg dat elevates a couple 2 work together 2 righteousness n help n support each other in all walks of life to cpme closer to God.n raising n upbringing a righteous generation

n why have a separate day 2 love n care when we r 2 do it all yr round,huh? love only for 1 day in an entire yr......u can gift chocolates evryday if u love ur spouse

n abt da 4 wife thingie.........its not an obligation its just permission n for good logical reasons although im personally mum abt it
1. u can hv multitudes of partners n flings n a sanctified mariage wid a max of 4 legal wives
2. dere r more women than men.........see world statistics+gays r taken into account.........should those xtra women be left berft of a spouse unjustly if it was 1 man for 1 woman
3. suppose if ur own sis was 1 of those who didnt get a husband, what would u opt to do :
give her as mkt property or
get her legally married 2 sum1 who will give her her due rights?
u decide. for more details watch dr zakirs ans to this q. detailed statistics r provided
watch dis video

wassalam

Reaction score
its no ritual agreed . but fo us muslims weve got only 2 celebratins nothing more........so why not make evry day special!!!

ktc

Reaction score
WaAlaikum AsSalam Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu!

JazakAllah Kheir for your post!

I get your line of reasoning and am happy I’m learning a lot in less than 24 hours :D

Watched Zakir Naik’s speech - it was impressive, Masha’Allah.

But, personally, being a girl, I find practicing polygamy very hard to accept - Even though I am completely aware, understand and know why it’s allowed in Islam.

Reaction score
haven't read the article (inshallah will read later) but i guess its just a day to display love for your dear ones, why make it complex and a pressing issue. its a day like mothers day or fathers day. so enjoy n celebrate it but in limits. no need to waste a lot of money in gifts ... :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
By mistake casted for NO! Pardon me:(
As-salam-o-alaikum wr wb!

It's alright...aim is just, you all are aware about the issue....sadly we've forgotten and we don't know much about our deen :(

i don't mind that at all, as long as you agree, and you understand... ;)

May Allah guide us all to the straight path...aameen

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to CoolCrystal's status, and my questionings :p .. Honestly I found your opinions exactly matching like mine. :)

I just want to say something, we cannot possibly follow islam the MOST perfect way. I mean yes of course I do believe there is a hereafter where we will be questioned about every SINGLE thing we did on earth. But targeting this topic makes me feel uncomfortable to some extent. Back in those days it was possible, but now things are not the same, women are not confined to houses anymore.

There are so many things we do that is so un-islamic. No, I'm not trying to corrupt anyone, or wanting someone to follow the path of evil, yes all this is seriously wrong. If your not indulged into all this, i suggest you stay away from all this 'nonsense'.. But I do feel 'some' of those who protest just against this valentine/love/relationships are so hypocrites.

If you find this valentine SO wrong, trust me those of you against this are doing more wrong doings than you can imagine everyday. Ofcourse trying to limit is one step to being a bit more clean. Watching ANY movie is haram. I don't think we will find one forum'er who doesnt watch movies, actually I dont. [ I stopped for 6 months to somewhat compensate for things im doing right now I know is wrong, no im not in love or something, I dont even have a valentine, I had one last year, I'm just learning to play guitar].

Yes, listening to music is also haram.....

AsSalam o Alaikum,

If a person does a hundred things wrong but does one thing right; he would be rewarded for that one thing it: "So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it," [99:7]

Here's a good reply to your hypocricy/two-face part:

"And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous

Who spend [in the cause of Allah ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon the people - and Allah loves the doers of good;

And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah ? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know."
[3:133-135]

Hope we benifit, inshaAllah.

Reaction score
And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah ? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know."
[3:133-135]
This filled me with tears. :)