• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math P62

Reaction score
Gooners said:
memyself said:
ahmed t said:
q1 was 0.109
the comb question was i)90720
ii)83160
iii)20
the Mean was 21 in question 6

Can u explain ur '20' in the combination thingy? Rest of ur answers match mine!

I think it was 20+10 =30 ways ..... Inshallah

it said that out of HAPPINESS , different selections WITHOUT P and either 1 or 2 S.
So lets calculate for 1 S
S_ _ _ : 3 places left. 5 to choose from as u dont have 2 P and S is already taken so its out of the question. so u get 5C3
now calclate for 2 S.
S S _ _ : 2 places left . again 5 to choose from as u dont have 2 P and S is already take. So u get 5C3.
Add : 5C2 + 5C3 = 20

Remember : here the arrangement of letters do not matter because question said how many different selections can be made from Happiness.

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
well since you cant take p's there are 5 ways you can pick another letter other than O
see
if it was one O then it would be 5C3 both O's are identical so you dont times by 2C1
its like saying in how many ways can i choose a choclate out of a box of chocolates if they are all the same, ur always gonna pick the same chocolate!
so you dont times by 2C1

oh and in the cumilitave frequency graph i never took 21.5 and so on as class boundries as in my book you take 20 wen drawing up a CF graph.

Yup cumulative freq... Was definitely 20 nt 21.5!!!!!!!!!! Nd bro watt was ur answer to permutation probability..prt 2

Reaction score
it asked for arrangments but as i see here alot of ppl put down the probability that would be 11/12 so they would still get marks

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
it asked for arrangments but as i see here alot of ppl put down the probability that would be 11/12 so they would still get marks

Brother I think it asked fr the probability tat not all together.....everyone did probability...... :)

Reaction score
u get the mean like this
E(x-45)/n +45
so that will be
-148/36 +45
=40.9
SD
E(x-45)^2/n -(E(x-45)/n)^2 all under root

Reaction score
kk thnx ... i only got the mean right,,,( 40.9) thats all i got rite for teh full 7 mark quest... do u kno how many markss i can get..

Reaction score
cyberpunk said:
ZahraShehzad said:
reekx94 said:
the permuation qquestion, it said NOT ALL TOGETHER which is different from ALL NOT TOGETHER, so 2 of the vowels can be together righttt???

no i think they cant be. my answer was 11/12. Yours?

Listen your answers correct . its 11/12 .
But two of them can be together .
The question said that not ALL can be together.
If your answer was 11/12, then u simply subtracted the no.of ways in which ALL can be together from the total no.of ways.
Yeah they can be.. how else did you get 11/12 :%) You had to find all 3 togather and subtratct from one

Reaction score
EzioAuditre said:
combination ans was 20 not 30
Q6 mean was 21
how many ppl were over 30??

Bro u cannot consider s as selected... For 1s u did 2C1(selecting) one s. X. 5C3....................... Nd fr
2S u can consider S taken which is 2C2(selecting) 2S. X. 5C2........
If u add both u get 30.............. I think it is almost cnfirmd as almost all ppl did so in my center...........still I donot say I m definitely correct as humans cn mke mistakes..

Reaction score
ibrahimovais said:
dude wasnt the combinaion answer was 30

Yup it was 30.................. :D
Bro watt did u get fr Q2part ii in which we had to find the probability of less thn 24.5 cloudy days

Reaction score
Gooners said:
EzioAuditre said:
combination ans was 20 not 30
Q6 mean was 21
how many ppl were over 30??

Bro u cannot consider s as selected... For 1s u did 2C1(selecting) one s. X. 5C3....................... Nd fr
2S u can consider S taken which is 2C2(selecting) 2S. X. 5C2........
If u add both u get 30.............. I think it is almost cnfirmd as almost all ppl did so in my center...........still I donot say I m definitely correct as humans cn mke mistakes..

ITS 30 man [/quote]

Reaction score
Gooners said:
ibrahimovais said:
dude wasnt the combinaion answer was 30

Yup it was 30.................. :D
Bro watt did u get fr Q2part ii in which we had to find the probability of less thn 24.5 cloudy days
I got 30 too but its wrong :fool: It was such an easy question.. nd ya all thoz saying 20 are right..