• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
IgoforA said:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9709%20-%20Mathematics/9709_w10_ms_33.pdf but the answers are different??

method varies..answer wont b different...!! do as i say..u will score an A for sure...!!

Reaction score
it is given that f(x) = e^x sin(x/2)
show that F(x)>0 for all real values of x between 0 and 2 pi
Calculate the area enclosed by the curve f(x), the axis from 0 to x= 2 pi

Reaction score
I have Question Please solve it with Explanation..

A mother has found that 20% of the children who accepts the invitation to her children's birthday parties do not come.
For a Particular party she invites 12 children but only has 10 party hats.
1) What is the Probability that there is not a hat for every child who comes to the party ? [ans :0.275]
The Mother Knows that there is a probability of 0.1 that a children who comes to a party will refuse to wear a hat.
2) If this is taken into account,What is the Probability that there will not be a hat for every child who wants one ? [ans:0.110]

Reaction score
NehaKush said:
which question?
omg i am soo stupid
thank u any way i have already known it thank if u could help in this one though i would be gratfull
j07 -41 NO.5II :D

THANKS ALOT :D

Reaction score
PrecoiusPearl said:
it is given that f(x) = e^x sin(x/2)
show that F(x)>0 for all real values of x between 0 and 2 pi
Calculate the area enclosed by the curve f(x), the axis from 0 to x= 2 pi

Minimun value of SInx=0......and any value of x in e^x doesnot give negative value...thus f(x) is positive...so, now u can put x=0 when SinX/2 will b the list...!! and....Sin90=1 which the highest...so..to get Sin90..u have to put x=pi...so that u could get Sinpi/2 which is equal to 1...put e^pi..and show it..coz...

Reaction score
slayers said:
I have Question Please solve it with Explanation..

A mother has found that 20% of the children who accepts the invitation to her children's birthday parties do not come.
For a Particular party she invites 12 children but only has 10 party hats.
1) What is the Probability that there is not a hat for every child who comes to the party ? [ans :0.275]
The Mother Knows that there is a probability of 0.1 that a children who comes to a party will refuse to wear a hat.
2) If this is taken into account,What is the Probability that there will not be a hat for every child who wants one ? [ans:0.110]

I didnot understand ur question...sorry!! :(

Reaction score
sagystu said:
NehaKush said:
which question?
omg i am soo stupid
thank u any way i have already known it thank if u could help in this one though i would be gratfull
j07 -41 NO.5II :D

THANKS ALOT :D

J07 means which one? i have only heard bout w07 and s07 till now..!!

Reaction score
^
x^4 - 5x^2 + 4 = 0
Factorising
(x^2-1)(x^2-4)=0
x^2 = 1 or x^2 = 4
so x= + or - 1 OR x=+ or - 2

Note: Just think of the x^4 as x^2. You may substitute y=x^2 if you wish.
Then you'll get y^2-5y+4=0.

Just pick the method you're most at ease with such questions.

Reaction score
thank GOD..........ALHAMDULILAH i got some knowledge about permutations nd combinations.............but one things teasing me what to do when they ask that e.g. tell the arrangements when 5 girls are not together given there are 5 girls and 6 boys ? :unknown: :unknown:

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
thank GOD..........ALHAMDULILAH i got some knowledge about permutations nd combinations.............but one things teasing me what to do when they ask that e.g. tell the arrangements when 5 girls are not together given there are 5 girls and 6 boys ? :unknown: :unknown:

You first find out the number of permutations when 5 girls are together and then subtract it from the total number of permutations.