• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MATHS 4024 PAPER 22

Reaction score
it was 3/20 if sm1 says that its wrong and should be 5/37 or something else thn i can prove it :)

Reaction score
my gradient was 8.8 and yhh
SALIM ARRIVED 9 MINS EARLIER.! :) INFACT I ASKED SALIM HE WAS SITTIN RIGHT BEHIND ME :p

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
Yeah it was something like that... I dont remember exactly...!!
That vector question was interesting :D had to use ur brains loll :D
What was the gradient coming in that graph question... Mine was 8...!
really? thank God :) i thought i was making sme mistake mine tooooo

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
examphobic said:
likosp said:
i think you didnt read the qstn properly for the 2nd part it said that there wuold be replacement unlike the first part so the denominator would stay the same... im guessing you did it with the same method as the first part as i did it that way right now and i got 3/20 aswell .... dont worry i messed up with the very first part of taht qstn in which we had to give the prob. of N .. i didnt simplify the fraction
nd i guess u didnt read part Bz statement :) . it said that the blocks would be taken and NOT replaced. den part B)a) asked abt a words ratio.. maybe BAN dnt remember... den part B)b) said that the blocks WERE replaced i.e the blocks taken out in part B)a) were replaced not that there will be replacement ( take note of the english) and this process was repeated... AND AS IT CLEARLY STATED IN QUESTION Bz STATEMENT THAT THERE WILL BE NO REPLACEMENT ND THAT QUESTION WAS A PART OF IT SO 3/20 is correct :D .. get it?

I didnt get it :S It was a simple probability question yaar... U have confused me :O
i am sorry.. in short there was replacement... when they said the blocks were replaced it meant the blocks taken in A part were put back b4 the part B blocks

Reaction score
examphobic said:
likosp said:
i think you didnt read the qstn properly for the 2nd part it said that there wuold be replacement unlike the first part so the denominator would stay the same... im guessing you did it with the same method as the first part as i did it that way right now and i got 3/20 aswell .... dont worry i messed up with the very first part of taht qstn in which we had to give the prob. of N .. i didnt simplify the fraction
nd i guess u didnt read part Bz statement :) . it said that the blocks would be taken and NOT replaced. den part B)a) asked abt a words ratio.. maybe BAN dnt remember... den part B)b) said that the blocks WERE replaced i.e the blocks taken out in part B)a) were replaced not that there will be replacement ( take note of the english) and this process was repeated... AND AS IT CLEARLY STATED IN QUESTION Bz STATEMENT THAT THERE WILL BE NO REPLACEMENT ND THAT QUESTION WAS A PART OF IT SO 3/20 is correct :D .. get it?
I am really sorry if this causes anyone any pain but if you guys think that the qstn meant that the block were just going to be replaced than my frnds you guys have got to maybe look at some of the past papers of mathematics and even maybe statistics ... whenever the qstn wants to tell us that a fresh new expirement is starting it will always state that clearly and never in any past paper is it written in the first part that blocks wont be REPLACED and in second part that block will be REplaced for this purpose ..... But then again we probably will never figure out who is right and whos wrong so i guess all we can do is pray for our results.. GOODLUCK ALL

Reaction score
fasih58 said:
it was 3/20 if sm1 says that its wrong and should be 5/37 or something else thn i can prove it :)
Go ahead...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
OH sure.!!

dude.. u were given 3 position at start of part b) that meant that u have to arrange tiles in that way.....
now if in part b) before part i) it was clearly stated that "WITHOUT ANY REPLACEMENT"... and that meant that it applies to both parts of b i.e. i and ii
now if u take out a tile and put it on postion 1 u'll simple calculate its probability and for 2nd place u need a tile that can only be possible if tile on postion 1 remains there
if u put in tile from position 1 than u'll not be able to complete the sequence :)
in part b. ii ) it was clearly written "THE SAME PROCESS WAS REPEATED"
so that meant that what we did in part b.i) that should apply here too... so if we are getting 1/20 there than here we should follow the same method.

the word replacement was to put back 3 tiles we already took because we want that 3 places free again to have another sequence ! and sequence is only possible if previous values are saved ...

so answer was 3/20 :)

NEED SOMETHING MORE???? HOPE ITS CLEAR TO U NOW @LIKOSP

Reaction score
fasih58 said:
what was ur answer to probability question?
Dude it doesnt matter how much we both argue about this stuff at the end i think that both of us will believe that we have both done it correctly... :) :) :)

Reaction score
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... :D :D :D :D
ok ok sure! lets wait for the marking scheme and hope for the best

Reaction score
fasih58 said:
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... :D :D :D :D
ok ok sure! lets wait for the marking scheme and hope for the best
Sure im surely going to PM you when i find out that im RIGHT WUHAHAHAHAH... jkjkjkj
GOODLUCK 4 RESULTS... :D

Attachments

• statistics-1 no.1.jpg
    statistics-1 no.1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 2