• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MATHS 4024 PAPER 22

Reaction score
workaholic said:
examphobic said:
workaholic said:
Well this is sort of unfair.......
This shud be written on the qst paper cuz i didnt know that
if id done the fuctions qst i wud have been saved from the disaster i did in the trig qst.... :x
Ajeeb bagherat angrex hain har cheez apnay pallu mein chupa kar rakhte hain.... :evil:
didnt ur tchrz tell u dis? its their job
Well I was told that wen they say 4 qstions shud be answered they really mean it. They chck the first four qstions only and they dont have time to chk ur last qst
hmm dont they attend dat workshop?

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
Checking best of 4 is totally unfair..cambridge will only check the first four answers and will cross out the last one as they do in the vocabulary question in english they dont choose the best 5..for God sake

`Ignore excess` is written in many places in the mark schemes..
check geoz markscheme. they say best 3 will b checked :). most students 4rm my skul do all questions in every ppr :D . and due to the new way of answering on the question ppr NOT a separate ans sheet they CIE ppl cant know which of our ans is the best. at first they could guess that the 1st 4 r the best but as now we have to ans on the question ppr acrding to their sequence they cant know 8) . so they check all :)

Reaction score
fasih58 said:
paper was literary HALWA and how come it was lengthy??

i am confused about it? actually i completed it 40 mins earlier =) and still guys and gals were saying that it was lengthy?

i will get inshahAllah 95+
i completed mine an hr early :) . but i usually do it in half time....

Reaction score
Asalam-O-Alikum

I wanted to ask a question, the last question in section B, were we suppose to take the percentage above 95 min or below ? This question has been seriously bugging me and I cant recall the question statement to figure out whether I did it right or wrong, so help me out here !! :O:

Reaction score
Yup... Means KAM SAY KAM 95 mints... If its above it that is marked too... Not below 95....

Reaction score
Maleeha said:
i ws jxt able to finish my ppr in tym... cudn't even recheck it properly... left it only wen the invigilator said stop...n u did it 40 MINUTES EARLIER!!!!!!!!!
i did an hour earlier.. i usually do in half time :D

Reaction score
examphobic said:
rafae said:
examphobic said:
any1 did all questions? i did

Good luck with that.
My sir is in British council, as the head of rechecking department, and according to him, anyone that does the WHOLE of section B, that is 5/5 questions, gets their whole section B cut. Its a new rule, because it gives examiner's difficulty when totaling the numbers, plus it is an error of rubric, which means you have failed to follow instructions.
Just hope for the best, and that nothing happens. :good:
haha. i guess u havent heard of the teachers workshop that CIE hosts. my math teacher went there and he asked this question specifically. and they answered that the best 4 will be marked! :D so i am not worried. btw the british council doesnt check the ppr the CIE ppl do. its NO rule. check again :D . i always do all questions

Well I don't know where you got that from, but oh well.
By the way I don't think examiners have the time to check WHICH of your 4 best questions are marked. Do you know our p2 gets checked in 33 seconds? What will they do in those 33 seconds? Check the first 4 that you have attempted. =S

Reaction score
@ rafae
dat is impossible nd ridiculous :) . who told u dat :p
anyway if they can check 100 marks in 33 secs i m sure a few mre wont make a diff :) well i am 100% sure abt wat i m saying :)

Reaction score
examphobic said:
@ rafae
dat is impossible nd ridiculous :) . who told u dat :p
anyway if they can check 100 marks in 33 secs i m sure a few mre wont make a diff :) well i am 100% sure abt wat i m saying abt best 4 :)

Reaction score
hey guyz what was the percentage coming in that statistics question and what was the conclusion ?

Reaction score
I dont know hwy the hell i didnt subtracted in this statistics question :((( Can any i tell me how much marks it carried? the percentage questions... :| how unfortunate!!!

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
I dont know hwy the hell i didnt subtracted in this statistics question :((( Can any i tell me how much marks it carried? the percentage questions... :| how unfortunate!!!
i think 2 each
i did them wrong nd LUCKILY say the word pERCENTAGE 2 mins b4 time was 2 b over... and corrected it after the man said pens down nd my hands kept shaking i was soo relieved.. hated dat question....