• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
u mean sets.. ??

yea .. in sets .. in the venn diagrams ...

My favourite usd to be pokemon but then my taste changed towards action anime like naruto bleach and Dragon ball :)
However PoKEMON is still my most favourite I have played almost all its games :D

lol I didn't liked Pokemon itself never watched it much, but I loved its games, have probably played almost all of them on my friend's gameboy :D had like all level 100+ Pokemons .. hahaha

Reaction score
I like quadratics bcaoz I have studied that in add maths :)

But i mostly leave it, because of the fact that we have to make the curve! .. I wish my hands weren't that much shaky :( same goes with the cumulative frequency curve, I also like statistics and probability a lot .. haha I also loved Permutation Combination in Add maths too :D

Reaction score
yea .. in sets .. in the venn diagrams ...

lol I didn't liked Pokemon itself never watched it much, but I loved its games, have probably played almost all of them on my friend's gameboy :D had like all level 100+ Pokemons .. hahaha

I never played on gameboy , I played on PC all gameboy,DS and PS2 games .

As far as sets questions are concerned u have to be little logical..... If they ask maximum intersection make the set which has less elemnts as subset of a set with more elements..... minimum is obviously 0

the situation I mentioned is too simple and such situations dont appear in exams.. it would be easier to explain if u can come wid any ques ??

Reaction score
But i mostly leave it, because of the fact that we have to make the curve! .. I wish my hands weren't that much shaky :( same goes with the cumulative frequency curve, I also like statistics and probability a lot .. haha I also loved Permutation Combination in Add maths too :D

I apply add maths in maths to check accuracy of ansers concernig graphs ..:D like derviatives

Reaction score
I apply add maths in maths to check accuracy of ansers concernig graphs ..:D like derviatives

hahaha .. give some pointers which formulas you mostly use, so i can apply them as well ... lol I use the quadratic one to find the min max points and the nature of the graph :D

Reaction score
hahaha .. give some pointers which formulas you mostly use, so i can apply them as well ... lol I use the quadratic one to find the min max points and the nature of the graph :D
when they asnk by drawing tangent find gradient at certain point, I derivate and put xcordinate to find graident for accuracy, :D
Sometimes they ask for area under the curve so I integrate..

I only use to chek accuracy of my ansers, not to find them

asd

Reaction score
Anyone having problems in rotation, these are the shortcuts to determine the coordinates under specific rotations:
For 90* clockwise : (x,y) -->(y,-x)
For 90* anti-clockwise : (x,y) -->(-y,x)
For 180* clockwise/anticlockwise : (x,y) -->(-x,-y)

asd

Reaction score
Anyone having problems in rotation, these are the shortcuts to determine the coordinates under specific rotations:
For 90* clockwise : (x,y) -->(y,-x)
For 90* anti-clockwise : (x,y) -->(-y,x)
For 180* clockwise/anticlockwise : (x,y) -->(-x,-y)
Note, these are rotations about the Origin ONLY.

Reaction score
Oh well, that's easy :D
If a triangle is shown on a graph and another traingle is shown on some other place in a different position and the vertices shown, like the first triangle has vertex A (3,1) and B (5,1) and they are mapped onto (-4,-2) and (-6,-2) respectively, then, use this method :
( a b ) ( 3 5 ) = (-4 -6 )
( c d ) ( 1 1 ) (-2 -2 )
These are in matrix form. Now there are 2 methods, either you multiply the first 2 and equate the elements to their corresponding element in the matrix to the right of the equality sign, like this :
3a +b 5a + b = -4 -6
3c +d 5c + d -2 -2
So, 4 equations can be formed 3a + b = -4 , 5a + b = -4 -6 , 3c + d + -2 , 5c +d = -2
solve simultaneously.
OR, find the inverse of the second matrix and multiply it by the last matrix to get the transformation matrix. I find the second method easier.
Here it is :
(-4 -6) (-0.5 2.5) = (2 -3 -10+9) = (-1 -1)
(-2 -2) ( 0.5 -1.5) (1+1 -5 + 3) (0 -2)

Well, these were random points, actually they are lot easier, and any transformation matrix in the form:
(k 0)
(0 k)
represents enlargement with a scale factor "k" and centre of enlargement being the origin.
If, the triangle is just rotated, then rotate your paper to find the angle of rotation :D and draw line form one vertex to the same vertex of the other triangle, draw one more line from the second vertex to the second vertex of the other triangle, and draw perpendicular bisectors of both. Where the two intersect is the centre of rotation.
PHEW.
In translation, the triangle is simply shifted to a new place, but in the same position. and the column vector can be found by counting the boxes moved the right/left or up/down, and is shown like this:
(4)
(2)
4 moved to the right (along x-axis), and 2 up (along y-axis). If it is moved down, and to the left, then the sign will be negative.
a.abid
Thanks alot (y) But arent there other formulas for each type of transformation? Cuz we have done like specific kind of matrices for each kind of transformatin e.g for 90 degrees clockwise rotation the transformation matrice is
(0 1)
(-1 0)

Reaction score
Q. Given that f(x)=2x^2-5x-7.
And then.......sketch the graph of y=|f(x)| for -2<=x<=4.5. How to remove this modulus sign???
MustafaMotani, bogus, syed1995 -plz help.

No idea .. i guess you will first solve the equation and plot the graph, wherever the graph is going in minus, plot it in the exact co-ordinates on the plus side, ie. reflect it in the x axis.
and this is addmaths right?