• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i didn't get it..
It would have bee more easier to explain if you would have been in front of me :)
just pray such questions dont come in exam.. :D

Let me try
the pyramid that u gonna take out will have 3 sides(3 triangular sides) .OK!

now if you take out a piece from top one new face will come into existence
if you take out one pyramid from one side then 2 faces (of the pyramid u took out) will come from existing two pyramids and another face will be produced from inside of the pyramid, this would happen for other two as well and so 4 new sides will be produced....

I know this is confusing and I wont be surprise if u still dont get it .. :D :ROFLMAO:

asd

Reaction score
Oh well, that's easy :D
If a triangle is shown on a graph and another traingle is shown on some other place in a different position and the vertices shown, like the first triangle has vertex A (3,1) and B (5,1) and they are mapped onto (-4,-2) and (-6,-2) respectively, then, use this method :
( a b ) ( 3 5 ) = (-4 -6 )
( c d ) ( 1 1 ) (-2 -2 )
These are in matrix form. Now there are 2 methods, either you multiply the first 2 and equate the elements to their corresponding element in the matrix to the right of the equality sign, like this :
3a +b 5a + b = -4 -6
3c +d 5c + d -2 -2
So, 4 equations can be formed 3a + b = -4 , 5a + b = -4 -6 , 3c + d + -2 , 5c +d = -2
solve simultaneously.
OR, find the inverse of the second matrix and multiply it by the last matrix to get the transformation matrix. I find the second method easier.
Here it is :
(-4 -6) (-0.5 2.5) = (2 -3 -10+9) = (-1 -1)
(-2 -2) ( 0.5 -1.5) (1+1 -5 + 3) (0 -2)

Well, these were random points, actually they are lot easier, and any transformation matrix in the form:
(k 0)
(0 k)
represents enlargement with a scale factor "k" and centre of enlargement being the origin.
If, the triangle is just rotated, then rotate your paper to find the angle of rotation :D and draw line form one vertex to the same vertex of the other triangle, draw one more line from the second vertex to the second vertex of the other triangle, and draw perpendicular bisectors of both. Where the two intersect is the centre of rotation.
PHEW.
In translation, the triangle is simply shifted to a new place, but in the same position. and the column vector can be found by counting the boxes moved the right/left or up/down, and is shown like this:
(4)
(2)
4 moved to the right (along x-axis), and 2 up (along y-axis). If it is moved down, and to the left, then the sign will be negative.
a.abid

Reaction score
Oh well, that's easy :D
If a triangle is shown on a graph and another traingle is shown on some other place in a different position and the vertices shown, like the first triangle has vertex A (3,1) and B (5,1) and they are mapped onto (-4,-2) and (-6,-2) respectively, then, use this method :
( a b ) ( 3 5 ) = (-4 -6 )
( c d ) ( 1 1 ) (-2 -2 )
These are in matrix form. Now there are 2 methods, either you multiply the first 2 and equate the elements to their corresponding element in the matrix to the right of the equality sign, like this :
3a +b 5a + b = -4 -6
3c +d 5c + d -2 -2
So, 4 equations can be formed 3a + b = -4 , 5a + b = -4 -6 , 3c + d + -2 , 5c +d = -2
solve simultaneously.
OR, find the inverse of the second matrix and multiply it by the last matrix to get the transformation matrix. I find the second method easier.
Here it is :
(-4 -6) (-0.5 2.5) = (2 -3 -10+9) = (-1 -1)
(-2 -2) ( 0.5 -1.5) (1+1 -5 + 3) (0 -2)

Well, these were random points, actually they are lot easier, and any transformation matrix in the form:
(k 0)
(0 k)
represents enlargement with a scale factor "k" and centre of enlargement being the origin.
If, the triangle is just rotated, then rotate your paper to find the angle of rotation :D and draw line form one vertex to the same vertex of the other triangle, draw one more line from the second vertex to the second vertex of the other triangle, and draw perpendicular bisectors of both. Where the two intersect is the centre of rotation.
PHEW.
In translation, the triangle is simply shifted to a new place, but in the same position. and the column vector can be found by counting the boxes moved the right/left or up/down, and is shown like this:
(4)
(2)
4 moved to the right (along x-axis), and 2 up (along y-axis). If it is moved down, and to the left, then the sign will be negative.
you did ur exercis :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
still what is it ? there is no harm knowing about it ;), btw nice avatar, you an anime fan?
it shows how much data is spread .... I bet u wud not have got it.. :D :ROFLMAO:
even those people who have taken stats does not know this .. they only know how to calculate it.. :D .

You bet I am AniME fan .. :D (y)

Reaction score
it shows how much data is spread .... I bet u wud not have got it.. :D :ROFLMAO:
even those people who have taken stats does not know this .. they only know how to calculate it.. :D .

You bet I am AniME fan .. :D (y)

haha gotcha about what standard deviation is about .. not interested in it either :p

btw i am an anime fan too :p

Reaction score
what's your most least favourite part of our maths syllabus?

Indeed they are great .. any favourites?
now if u asked for it ... I dont know..... I dont like solving sets problems they are such boring and also mensturation Boring too ..
I like triangles and angles most.. :)

Reaction score
what's your most least favourite part of our maths syllabus?

Indeed they are great .. any favourites?
My favourite usd to be pokemon but then my taste changed towards action anime like naruto bleach and Dragon ball :)
However PoKEMON is still my most favourite I have played almost all its games :D

Reaction score
now if u asked for it ... I dont know..... I dont like solving sets problems they are such boring and also mensturation Boring too ..
I like triangles and angles most.. :)

I don't like Transformations much and I hate quadratic graphs (that's cuz i can never make a smooth curve!) .. I like Numbers, Triangles and Bearing.. and yea mensuration is boring .. kind of lengthy. As far as sets go .. they tend to earn marks easily :p btw got any minimum maximum stats questions ? I have no idea how to solve them...

Reaction score
I don't like Transformations much and I hate quadratic graphs (that's cuz i can never make a smooth curve!) .. I like Numbers, Triangles and Bearing.. and yea mensuration is boring .. kind of lengthy. As far as sets go .. they tend to earn marks easily :p btw got any minimum maximum stats questions ? I have no idea how to solve them...
u mean sets.. ??

Reaction score
I like quadratics bcaoz I have studied that in add maths :)