• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

asd

Reaction score
Thanks alot (y) But arent there other formulas for each type of transformation? Cuz we have done like specific kind of matrices for each kind of transformatin e.g for 90 degrees clockwise rotation the transformation matrice is
(0 1)
(-1 0)
Umm, yes.
For shear along x-axis it is :
(1 k)
(0 1)
And for shear along y-axis it is:
(1 0)
(k 1)
For stretch, parallel to x-axis (y-axis as invariant) it is:
(k 0)
(0 1)
And for stretch parallel to y-axis(x-axis as invariant) it is:
(1 o)
(o k)
For double stretch:
(k1 0)
(o k2)
where k1 is the stretch factor for stretch parallel to x-axis, and k2 for stretch parallel to y-axis
For rotation, i already posted the shortcut methods.

Reaction score
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME THAT CAN I USE ADD MATHS FORMULAS IN MATHS??
For instance they say find the gradient of
x-3y=6
can i differentiate it although without calculating i can tell its -1 :D

Reaction score
x-3y=6

actually the gradient for that will be -1/3. lol and no we can't .. we can only check our answers with that .. but nothing more than that ...

I wish we could use differentiation in geometry, integration in finding the area under curves :D and that y-y1=m(x-x1) .. would make like so much easier ..

asd

Reaction score
actually the gradient for that will be -1/3. lol and no we can't .. we can only check our answers with that .. but nothing more than that ...

I wish we could use differentiation in geometry, integration in finding the area under curves :D and that y-y1=m(x-x1) .. would make like so much easier ..
Was about to correct the gradient, and then i saw your post. :D

Reaction score
x-3y=6
oh please do u really need addmath for that:p
how many papers should one do for an A*???:eek:
5 -7 in my view 5 old for practice and 2 new fr pattern

Reaction score
really? i have seen many people with A in addmath and a B in maths:p. though it makes it easy but not a peace of cake.

hahaha .. Maths is tricky, while addmaths is purely straight forward.. if you have done enough past papers getting an A* is easy as hell in addmaths .. but in maths they tend to give tricky questions so getting the grip on the concepts is the real deal in maths rather than the past papers .. take mensuration for example .. half filled cylinder with a hemisphere at the end .. find its surface area .. now we don't have the formula in our course but we have to use the concept we have to derive our own equations and find the surface area ..