• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
No idea .. i guess you will first solve the equation and plot the graph, wherever the graph is going in minus, plot it in the exact co-ordinates on the plus side, ie. reflect it in the x axis.
and this is addmaths right?
Didn't get it

Reaction score
hahaha .. Maths is tricky, while addmaths is purely straight forward.. if you have done enough past papers getting an A* is easy as hell in addmaths .. but in maths they tend to give tricky questions ..
and in math i find the questions require multiple calculation to find a simple thing and that lowers my grade due to silly mistake as chances of mistakes increase.

asd

Reaction score
Thanks alot (y) But arent there other formulas for each type of transformation? Cuz we have done like specific kind of matrices for each kind of transformatin e.g for 90 degrees clockwise rotation the transformation matrice is
(0 1)
(-1 0)
Isn't this for anti-clockwise :O

Reaction score
and in math i find the questions require multiple calculation to find a simple thing and that lowers my grade due to silly mistake as chances of mistakes increase.

exactly.. and i tend to miss out workings .. as i do them in my mind mostly .. lol and in calculator .. I forget to write them on the paper!

Reaction score
exactly.. and i tend to miss out workings .. as i do them in my mind mostly .. lol and in calculator .. I forget to write them on the paper!
nope i have the habbit of writting each and every thing done on paper because in my view it it always saved me a mark or two and this helps in rechecjing as well:)

Reaction score
Q. Given that f(x)=2x^2-5x-7.
And then.......sketch the graph of y=|f(x)| for -2<=x<=4.5. How to remove this modulus sign???
Plz plz plz anyone help!:cry:
asd: I think ur the only one capable of doing this

Reactions: asd
Reaction score
And then.......sketch the graph of y=|f(x)| for -2<=x<=4.5. How to remove this modulus sign???
um we have to draw the graph of the modulated function or the unmodulated

Reaction score
you see y= l2x^2-5x-7l now draw it for the domain. simple

asd

Reaction score
Simply draw the graph of the original equation. Now you will see the curve has a minimum point, because the coefficient of x^2 is positive. This minimum point (turning point) if exists below x-axis, ie. in -ve y-value, reflect that part above the x-axis, taking y=o as the reference line for reflection.
This is what modulus does. It always changes the negative y-values to +ve.