• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: O'level Maths, Addmaths and Statistics help available he

hrey please help me
Iam a student of 9th grade
I think i will take commerce next year
My extra subs will ne add maths stats and commerce ( its a subject too)
Can you tell me how to contact the british council and what are the months to register for ectra papers?
I ahve heard tht we can issue the forms from standard charter bank, and contact britsh council directly after some process.
PLZ HELP

Reaction score

Hey Hamid need help...!

You can see the image below... I know how to do the b part but can you make the locus of D???? And post back the image? Or tell me how to do it? I got this wrong in my mocks exams... The last c part... I made the ADB angle 90° but that can be 90° anywhere? I mean the way I did it... So thats wrong...

20atgjl.jpg

Reaction score

You must have drawn the perp. bisector of AB in part (b). For (c), you just have to draw a semicircle (the diameter of which will be AB). Take the point at which the perp. bisector of AB and the line AB intersect as the centre of the semicircle and draw the semicircle on the opposite side of AB as C. Simple... :)
Did this help?

Reaction score

This is based on the fact that a diameter of a circle subtends a 90* angle at any point on the circumference of the circle.

Reaction score

abcde said:
You must have drawn the perp. bisector of AB in part (b). For (c), you just have to draw a semicircle (the diameter of which will be AB). Take the point at which the perp. bisector of AB and the line AB intersect as the centre of the semicircle and draw the semicircle on the opposite side of AB as C. Simple... :)
Did this help?

Ummmm... But how is ADB 90° then? It can be at more then one places? Thats correct then?

Reaction score

abcde said:
This is based on the fact that a diameter of a circle subtends a 90* angle at any point on the circumference of the circle.

Yeah I know that... But then it can be anywhere????? On the circumference?

Reaction score

You don't have to mark a single point, Captain. The question asks you to make the LOCUS of D so you draw a semicircle. I explained how above. And ADB will obviously be 90* if its on the circumference of the semicircle. Draw the semicircle and label it 'locus of D'. That's it! Hope you get it. :)

Reaction score

Oh alright!!!!! Got that.... Thnx!! :) I have done such other questions but they are straight forward... Love LOCI and CONSTRUCTION btw.... Love this question.... Zbrdst!!!!

Reaction score

abcde has explained this perfectly. :)

Reaction score

can we post maths questions also ??

Reaction score

You mean here? Yes you can...

Reaction score

Add bracket to the expression to make it correct

3+48÷4 into 6 - 1 = 4

Its quite simple I know... But I am just unable to do it.... :'( Give me hint for such type of question too...

Factorize this:

81x^4 - 16y^4

I need to know if I did that write...

Reaction score

for the first one answer is straight 3+((48÷(4*6))-1)=4
and second one is
((3x+2)(3x-2))^2

Reaction score

So many brackets are not required in the first question. 3+48÷(4*6)-1=4 will be good enough.

Your answer is wrong. I don't know how you eliminated y? :S And even if its +2y and -2y and you expand your answer you don't get back to where you started.
Let me explain this. By recognition you can see that the expression can be converted into a²-b². So it is ((9x²)²-(4y²)²). To factorise you need to apply the rule a²-b²=(a+b)(a-b), in this case a is 9x² and b is 4y².
We get (9x²-4y²)(9x²+4y²).. You can further factorise the first part of this expression i.e. 9x²-4y²=(3x)²-(2y)²=(3x-2y)(3x+2y)

So the final answer is (3x-2y)(3x+2y)(9x²+4y²)

Reaction score

insomniac said:
for the first one answer is straight 3+((48÷(4*6))-1)=4
and second one is
((3x+2)(3x-2))^2

Thanks anyway... :)

hamidali391 said:
So many brackets are not required in the first question. 3+48÷(4*6)-1=4 will be good enough.

Your answer is wrong. I don't know how you eliminated y? :S And even if its +2y and -2y and you expand your answer you don't get back to where you started.
Let me explain this. By recognition you can see that the expression can be converted into a²-b². So it is ((9x²)²-(4y²)²). To factorise you need to apply the rule a²-b²=(a+b)(a-b), in this case a is 9x² and b is 4y².
We get (9x²-4y²)(9x²+4y²).. You can further factorise the first part of this expression i.e. 9x²-4y²=(3x)²-(2y)²=(3x-2y)(3x+2y)

So the final answer is (3x-2y)(3x+2y)(9x²+4y²)

Thanks Alot :D