• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
That salt in chem atp wasn't in our syllabus. !

It was. Alternative to practical means we must be aware of practical procedures.
The teachers were supposed to take us to the labs, and make us perform precipitation and other reactions.
We were supposed to have seen Bromides, and Sulfates and everything.

Plus, it was a past paper question. I happened to stumble upon it a day before the atp.

Reaction score
It was. Alternative to practical means we must be aware of practical procedures.
The teachers were supposed to take us to the labs, and make us perform precipitation and other reactions.
We were supposed to have seen Bromides, and Sulfates and everything.

Plus, it was a past paper question. I happened to stumble upon it a day before the atp.
It wasn't in quantitative analysis notes!. It means procedure not colors and rainbow.

Reaction score
If it's perpendicular do a 90 rotation on it and see if the product vector matches the given vector to test?

If it's a column vector, you can find the gradients.

But the problem is with the other notation. a and b and stuff..

If two vectors both have a and b, that means they are parallel.
And if they have some other letters, they are not parallel.

Reaction score
If it's a column vector, you can find the gradients.

But the problem is with the other notation. a and b and stuff..

If two vectors both have a and b, that means they are parallel.
And if they have some other letters, they are not parallel.
Vector A is Parallel to Vector B if A = kxB

It's not column vector. It's position vector.

Reaction score
That's not the question I asked. -_-

If you are talking about the ''a + b'' representation, then their is no way of knowing they are perpendicular. Because those letters are not a standard.
They can be anything. On the other hand, if they are in unit vector form ''i/j''.. or column vector, then you can find gradient, and show product to be -1.

But i googled it, and they are talking about a ''dot product'' thing..
The way to prove perpendicularity is finding the dot product of two vectors..
And the dot product involves a vector having its elements, and multiplying and stuff.
It's all complicated stuff. I don't think it will be tested at this level :p

Reaction score
If you are talking about the ''a + b'' representation, then their is no way of knowing they are perpendicular. Because those letters are not a standard.
They can be anything. On the other hand, if they are in unit vector form ''i/j''.. or column vector, then you can find gradient, and show product to be -1.

But i googled it, and they are talking about a ''dot product'' thing..
The way to prove perpendicularity is finding the dot product of two vectors..
And the dot product involves a vector having its elements, and multiplying and stuff.
It's all complicated stuff. I don't think it will be tested at this level :p
Jo aaj meray saath P1 ne kiya hai na, woh meinay P2 kai saath kar dena hai. Full marks le kai dikhaoon gi. Behan feel mein aa gayi hai. :cool:
giphy.gif

This is like the most awesome gif I have posted until now.