• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How to study Add-Maths? :/
Its hard.

book kholo samjh agaya tu good nahi aya tu chill karo .. :p
go through the book read the laws ... solve the question and ...PRACTICE ..PRACTICE..PRACTICE..
its hard in the initial stages.. still best ov luck (y)

Reaction score
How to study Add-Maths? :/
Its hard.

It's easy. Don't think of it as hard. You wouldn't believe me when I say this but it's easier than Maths D.

Start with the basics; Sets, Logarithms, Functions, Simultaneous Equations, Quadratic and Cubic Equations. You can easily cover these topics with the help of any good book. Develop clear concepts about everything. Practice the whole chapters.

Then comes Trigonometry (which is easy), Coordinate Geometry, Circular Measure. Trigonometry and Circular Measure are very easy, you should solve 2-3 exercises involving these, again clear concepts are essential.

Then comes Differentiation and Integration, I'd advice to either take the help of your teacher or online classes to do these as very clear concepts and methods are needed. Solve book exercises.

Finally, Permutations & Combinations, Relative Velocity and Kinematics, the first 2 being the hardest chapters of Add.maths. For these, a very good teacher or online classes are necessary since no clear method is involved, it is mostly about the concepts of the chapters. These are the most mark losing parts in the paper.

You should be covering the syllabus in the above order. I advice you to buy the Add.maths Classified book and solve at least 5-10 questions of each chapter from it after you've done it from your book, this will further strengthen your concepts.

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
It's easy. Don't think of it as hard. You wouldn't believe me when I say this but it's easier than Maths D.

Start with the basics; Sets, Logarithms, Functions, Simultaneous Equations, Quadratic and Cubic Equations. You can easily cover these topics with the help of any good book. Develop clear concepts about everything. Practice the whole chapters.

Then comes Trigonometry (which is easy), Coordinate Geometry, Circular Measure. Trigonometry and Circular Measure are very easy, you should solve 2-3 exercises involving these, again clear concepts are essential.

Then comes Differentiation and Integration, I'd advice to either take the help of your teacher or online classes to do these as very clear concepts and methods are needed. Solve book exercises.

Finally, Permutations & Combinations, Relative Velocity and Kinematics, the first 2 being the hardest chapters of Add.maths. For these, a very good teacher or online classes are necessary since no clear method is involved, it is mostly about the concepts of the chapters. These are the most mark losing parts in the paper.

You should be covering the syllabus in the above order. I advice you to buy the Add.maths Classified book and solve at least 5-10 questions of each chapter from it after you've done it from your book, this will further strengthen your concepts.

Hope that helps!

What if i fully understand the concepts of each chapter and solve the questions from classified only?
I mean, those are the questions that come in the paper.
Is book essential?

Reaction score
What if i fully understand the concepts of each chapter and solve the questions from classified only?
I mean, those are the questions that come in the paper.
Is book essential?

Not really, the thing is that your book(s) are a step to step guide mostly. The exercises are there to help you practice things one by one. That makes chapters like Coordinate Geometry or Differentiation very easy, however if you want to directly do it from classified then it's no problem. Still, you'll face problems (sometimes) when directly starting with the classified book.

Reaction score
Not really, the thing is that your book(s) are a step to step guide mostly. The exercises are there to help you practice things one by one. That makes chapters like Coordinate Geometry or Differentiation very easy, however if you want to directly do it from classified then it's no problem. Still, you'll face problems (sometimes) when directly starting with the classified book.

And uhm, one more thing.
I recently studied ''Transformation'' for Maths.
Now i need to practice some questions.
Are there any books available that provide us with answering space and graphs.. and is divided into topics too? Do such past paper books exists?
Because i don't want to take out the graph pad again and again. I simply want to open that kind of book and practice on it!

Reaction score
And uhm, one more thing.
I recently studied ''Transformation'' for Maths.
Now i need to practice some questions.
Are there any books available that provide us with answering space and graphs.. and is divided into topics too? Do such past paper books exists?
Because i don't want to take out the graph pad again and again. I simply want to open that kind of book and practice on it!

The Classified. But it is not very clearly printed (especially the graphs). You could also print some papers. These are the only two alternatives.
Unsolved Maths Past Papers (by various publishers) also have answer spaces and graphs but they are not Topical.
The classified is the only unsolved book that divides the papers into topics.

Reaction score
The Classified. But it is not very clearly printed (especially the graphs). You could also print some papers. These are the only two alternatives.
Unsolved Maths Past Papers (by various publishers) also have answer spaces and graphs but they are not Topical.
The classified is the only unsolved book that divides the papers into topics.

Okay, Thanks.

Reaction score
How long does it take to do away with Additional Mathematics Past Papers once you have covered the syllabus?

i started the add maths syllabus in end of december to appear in june. i think you should do classified after completing the chapters from book. for example after doing logs from book do it from classified. but for differentiation, graphs and integration you have to cover all the syllabus to do classified.

Reaction score
Then one month it is ! :cool:
Plus do you have any idea how long does it take to cover the syllabus of O level Statistics?o_O

Absolutely no idea because I didn't appear for it.
However, one or two of my friends have given it, they took about 3-4 months for the preparation (started in July).

Reaction score
That includes past papers I think. Still, I'm not completely sure, you should carry out a survey for this.

Reaction score
How long does it take to do away with Additional Mathematics Past Papers once you have covered the syllabus?

Well I took up Add Math in January of my exam year (i.e June), in the second week.
I covered the entire syllabus putting in a shitload of effort by mid April. Had to miss March because of my mocks and stuff.
Did 2002 to 2011 in 2 weeks alongside other subjects. I could've done them in one week too, but then I'd have missed out on a lot of the other subjects.

Point being, if you have the passion and dedication for Math, even one week is doable albeit, with a damn lot of effort. Been there, done nearly that!