• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MATHS PAPER 22 / JUNE 2012?

Reaction score
I did .. my last question answer was coming 5 .. although some of my friends got 4.8 as their answer .. but my curve was not at all smooth! I will lose 2 marks in the construction of that graph :(

The best thing is never do graphs until in need of it badly :) which ques did u leave for doin this graph question !

Reaction score
The best thing is never do graphs until in need of it badly :) which ques did u leave for doin this graph question !

Angle Properties of circle, I wasn't sure about two of my answers .. so I thought screw it .. let's do the last question as it had mensuration in it .. and mensuration is like my favourite topic :D

Reaction score
Scale factor was 2. right?

3k^2=12
k^2=4
k=2
No..
you do not have to put square on K in this case because it was a single stretch. the formula was: Area of Image= K * (Area of Original figure)
Whereas the one you applied is of double stretch or enlargement.

Solution:
Area of original figure(Triangle)=3
Area of Image(stretched triangle)=12

Area of Image= K * (Area of Original figure)
12 = K *3
K=12/3
K=4

Reaction score
What about the circle's answers? And the bisector angle plus the other angle in parallelogram with reason?

Reaction score
I did .. my last question answer was coming 5 .. although some of my friends got 4.8 as their answer .. but my curve was not at all smooth! I will lose 2 marks in the construction of that graph :(
I don't think so it was written estimate the the value, I too got 4.8 but then i estimated it to 5 and wrote 5 in the answer space.

Reaction score
Can any one tell me what was the height of the cuboid in last question of section b(Q 12). we had to read it from graph.

Reaction score
yes, what did you wrote in the height of the cuboid part of that question. I got 4.6 from my graph and then I subtracted it from 8 and got 3.4. h=8-x, wasn't it like that.

I think my value from the graph was 4.2 and when i subtracted it from 8 i got 3.8 as my answer...

and what was the last questions' answer??

my equation was coming 27x and the final answer was 5.

Reaction score
The value of the graph should have been 4.6. I used the equation to calculate and if you used 4.6, area was coming to 120.37, if you used 4.5 it was coming to 116, and 124 for 4.5.

Reaction score
THATS like asking someone what did u eat 1 month ago !
thAT QUES WAS TRIGONOMETRY so there were too many lengths to remember i dont know but pehlay walay mein u needed to use Cosine rule to find the angle then Sine rule and a basic trig ratio after that i cant think :D
It was 21.3

Reaction score
Chah Gaye sir jee!

that's exactly what i used!! I actually first assumed that that angle was 45 and the line was bisecting that 90 degree angle .. LOL but I corrected it later .. my cosine rule part had a lot of cutting in it :D I hope that it doesn't get me in trouble!

i assumed the angle 45 and still got the right angle by applying the sine rule which was 128 degrees!! i Guess !!