• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics 1 P42 2014; Discussion!

huh

Reaction score
I'm 10000000% I'm correct.
Wow, you're really scaring me. But why have you taken them to be travelling in opposite directions. I dont remember reading that in the question. Are you sure that it mentioned the two objects travelling in opposite directions.

Reaction score
Wow, you're really scaring me. But why have you taken them to be travelling in opposite directions. I dont remember reading that in the question. Are you sure that it mentioned the two objects travelling in opposite directions.
If they weren't travelling in opposite directions, how're they gonna collide? -_-...
Well, they could collide like that. But then it'd be more of a conservation of energy question, wouldn't it? Perfect collision, inelastic collision? We've done many past questions like this.

What was your solution, then?

huh

Reaction score
If they weren't travelling in opposite directions, how're they gonna collide? -_-...
Well, they could collide like that. But then it'd be more of a conservation of energy question, wouldn't it? Perfect collision, inelastic collision? We've done many past questions like this.

What was your solution, then?
I dont know how energy is involved here. But since one is accelerating and the other is at constant velocity, eventually the one accelerating would collide with the constant velocity one. Maybe you're correct and I didnt read the question properly, but I just want to be sure.

Reaction score
u read
I dont know how energy is involved here. But since one is accelerating and the other is at constant velocity, eventually the one accelerating would collide with the constant velocity one. Maybe you're correct and I didnt read the question properly, but I just want to be sure.
it wrong