• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level Grading System

Reaction score
I get what ur saying. And btw my mom found my last year's result 'not up to the mark' eventhou it ws the highest in class! She was like "All A*s kun nahi aye?" and like I dont even know wht to say any more #LifeIsHard :(
My parents were happy with my grades, my teachers weren't expecting even that much from me. My teacher called me out of the class and asked me if I cheated in exam. Even though there's 0% chance in doing that. But my parents supported me and didn't even said a word relating my grades, that's why I don't want to give them a single B. It;s humiliating even for me.

Reaction score
AoA
I just wanted to know that how does our grades get calculated in GCE O Level as i am confused about all the threshold stuff. The Syllabus states that A is awarded on a percent uniform mark of 80% while A* is awarded on a percent uniform mark of 90 %. Is it right. please reply to answer my query.

There is no such thing , the threshholds are kept a secret. But one can estimate the thresholds. It all comes down to the collective performance of students :)

Reaction score
rammy97 by "High" you mean its in the range of about 75-80% for an A and 84+ for an A*......After looking at the grade boundaries of IGCSE l have reached a conclusion that grade boundry for an A can also fall below 70% sometimes...:D that's surely an advantage but since many students are weak in sciences and at the same time some are very good so what is an average Threshold for an A and an A*...By following several years of IGCSE Gt's an average for A is about at 75% or close to it and about 84% for an A*(In my view).....And since the syllabus for IG and GCE O'Level are very close to each other l believe the gts are about the same.
Nah bro as its O level the level of difficulty will almost be constant , though some years appear to be tough. But if you compare all the components of a particular subject , i think the level of difficulty remains the same. It comes down to the collective performance .Anyways i think grade A will always be near 80 percent as far as cambridge is concerned . Edexcel is all screwed up!

Reaction score
My parents were happy with my grades, my teachers weren't expecting even that much from me. My teacher called me out of the class and asked me if I cheated in exam. Even though there's 0% chance in doing that. But my parents supported me and didn't even said a word relating my grades, that's why I don't want to give them a single B. It;s humiliating even for me.

I have a story quite similar to your's . I got a B in pakistan studies and i missed A by a mark and even got it rechecked.Costed me extra and the grade didnt change ;(

Reaction score

socho mein kaisay parents ko face karun...i am an A* student and i got 2 C's in islamiat and pakstudies..edexcel...halanka i was vry proud of my islamic knowledge in the whole family nd so were my parents....zindagi mein once i opened the book of islamiat...past papers kabhi nahi kiye....mera confidence meray mun par hi para

Reaction score
socho mein kaisay parents ko face karun...i am an A* student and i got 2 C's in islamiat and pakstudies..edexcel...halanka i was vry proud of my islamic knowledge in the whole family nd so were my parents....zindagi mein once i opened the book of islamiat...past papers kabhi nahi kiye....mera confidence meray mun par hi para
How did ur parents react when they found out?

Reaction score
Hmmm, So how did they react?

Reaction score
Hmmm, So how did they react?
They could nt believe it,my father did not say a word...my brother really annoyed me...resulting in me crying day and night. Zada. Dukh tab hota hai jab koi kuch na kahay...khas tor par abu.....abu nay kaha hai k mein retry dun via cambridge next year...salute to him. He still believes in me eventhough i lost believe in myself

Reaction score
They could nt believe it,my father did not say a word...my brother really annoyed me...resulting in me crying day and night. Zada. Dukh tab hota hai jab koi kuch na kahay...khas tor par abu.....abu nay kaha hai k mein retry dun via cambridge next year...salute to him. He still believes in me eventhough i lost believe in myself
You mean this year? So how many subject are you appearing in now?

Reaction score
how do i make a forum or thread?
There will be an option of create a thread or something under the search bar
e.g Go to help and suggestion forum and look at the search bar, the option under it will make allow you to make a new thread. You can make threads on different forums, by visiting them and clicking the option under search bar.

Reaction score

I got a B in chemistry even though honestly I did work. My parents were SUPER angry since high grade standards have already been set by my older brother who got 100/100 in maths Alevels and is in one of the worlds top 5 best universities studying medicine as for my sister she has her own string of distinctions and was offered a place in cambridge itself. You can only imagine the amount of disappointment when I got my results. It was weird because a guy i knew who honestly didn't study at all and decided to 'get high' a few hours before ended up with an A it is beyond me how he managed to get it but well done to him I guess . Just keep faith. I'll pray for you guys