• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
Can someone help me out on these as well?

What was refugee’s crises faced by Pakistan? (4)

What was canal water dispute? (4)

What were administrative problems for Pakistan? (4)

What was the issue of division of assets in 1947? (4)

What were the difficulties for the accession of the princely states at partition of India? (4)
Ok so this is all from memory, i havent studied history in a long time, so i will only be mentioning things briefly (also i might be missing some points). I hope it helps you.

After the unfair boundaries, so many hindus (and sikhs) and Muslims found themselves on the wrong side of the border. Pakistan was a bare land. We did not have the facilities to accommodate everyone! Also mention the communal violence, and how people were forced migration to create space.

Pakistan was an agricultural country, it depended on canal water for irrigation. The headworks of those rivers (flowing into pakistan) were in india. They had all authority over it (and threatened pakistan), also started to build canals/dams and stuff on those rivers. (over here you can mention some rivers that were threatened)

East and West Pakistan had a lot of distance between each other, communication problems (like if help was needed in east pakistan, they won't be helped immediately - creating resentment) i think u can also mention refugee problem here as well. And the lack of government machinery too like pakistan didnt have proper govt buildings/facilitates (they were mostly in india) oh and also pakistan didnt have many administrators. (most of them were land owners)

Pakistan didn't inherit govt buildings and they needed money to build them. India and Pakistan had to divide military assets, and wealth fairly. (which didnt happen - u can also mention that pakistan received old, broken machineries and weapons) also mention the money distribution that was held back and never given.

What were the difficulties for the accession of the princely states at partition of India? (4)

Lord Mountbatten asked princely states to either ascend to Pakistan or India. Most of them - who had muslim rulers, ascended to pakistan however the majority was neglected (mostly hindus) and the same goes for Muslim majority. Some of them were unwilling to ascend to either. Mention some princely states disputes here.

Reaction score
Ok so this is all from memory, i havent studied history in a long time, so i will only be mentioning things briefly (also i might be missing some points). I hope it helps you.

After the unfair boundaries, so many hindus (and sikhs) and Muslims found themselves on the wrong side of the border. Pakistan was a bare land. We did not have the facilities to accommodate everyone! Also mention the communal violence, and how people were forced migration to create space.

Pakistan was an agricultural country, it depended on canal water for irrigation. The headworks of those rivers (flowing into pakistan) were in india. They had all authority over it (and threatened pakistan), also started to build canals/dams and stuff on those rivers. (over here you can mention some rivers that were threatened)

East and West Pakistan had a lot of distance between each other, communication problems (like if help was needed in east pakistan, they won't be helped immediately - creating resentment) i think u can also mention refugee problem here as well. And the lack of government machinery too like pakistan didnt have proper govt buildings/facilitates (they were mostly in india) oh and also pakistan didnt have many administrators. (most of them were land owners)

Pakistan didn't inherit govt buildings and they needed money to build them. India and Pakistan had to divide military assets, and wealth fairly. (which didnt happen - u can also mention that pakistan received old, broken machineries and weapons) also mention the money distribution that was held back and never given.

Lord Mountbatten asked princely states to either ascend to Pakistan or India. Most of them - who had muslim rulers, ascended to pakistan however the majority was neglected (mostly hindus) and the same goes for Muslim majority. Some of them were unwilling to ascend to either. Mention some princely states disputes here.
Man, I love you (No homo). I had to submit this today.

Again, thank you :)

Reaction score
Hey no worries - even if you study the past papers (5 years max) a day before the exams (wake up early so that it stays in ur head) that would help you too. I can totally understand how difficult it can be to truly remember everything - so i did exactly this lol which i usually wouldn't recommend because it sounds crazy and i dont know how i pulled it off even tho my compulsory questions were from section 3 and i still managed to get an A in history component - so yes one thing i noticed was that i didnt stress out throughout the exam - if you stress out, your mind will go blank, either do a breathing exercise to calm urself or just discover something about urself that by just doing that (or even thinking about it) makes you calm down - just keep fighting till the end. There is nothing to lose - if you dont do well in these subjects - it doesnt really matter much, since these are just scoring subjects. Your actual focus should be for next year - those 5 (or 6 if you took an extra subject) matters the MOST. So yeah just a passing grade in these two is enough - but do remember you are still capable of getting the best scores even with the knowledge you have so far.

Once again - Good luck and I am rooting for you, pal!
broo what about the last history chapter
foreign relations, i have completed history except section 2 and that chp is left its just jskakkaka
idk if i should skip it because im already skipping section 2

Reaction score
How successful was Muhammad Ali Jinnah as the governor-general of Pakistan? (10)
Successes;
1.Ending of communal violence by calling himself protector general of minorities
2.Established Quaid E Azam relief fund to rehabilitate refugees
3.Karachi as Capital
4.Secured Pakistan's membership in UN
5.Reforms in Civil Service
however, there were some failiures...
1.Canal Water dispute
2.Division of military assets
3.Integration of princely states
4.Issue of Pakhtoonistan
5.Acession of Kalat
6.Refugee Crisis

Hoped it helped:)

Reaction score
Successes;
1.Ending of communal violence by calling himself protector general of minorities
2.Established Quaid E Azam relief fund to rehabilitate refugees
3.Karachi as Capital
4.Secured Pakistan's membership in UN
5.Reforms in Civil Service
however, there were some failiures...
1.Canal Water dispute
2.Division of military assets
3.Integration of princely states
4.Issue of Pakhtoonistan
5.Acession of Kalat
6.Refugee Crisis

Hoped it helped:)
Thanks. Again. I never studied Pak Studies before (I came here from UAE) and I have to appear for Pak Studies next year in May/June.

Reaction score
Its geo and isl p2, sadly they're the difficult ones, lekin In shaa Allah i'll ace them
InshaAllah. I'm rooting for you, pal. I know you will ace them.

I'd hate to ask but, you got any tips or something for me for the Pak Studies paper? I am pretty much clueless on the matter and I barely have 8 months to learn and prepare the 3 History Sections, 12 Geography topics and those insanely huge amount of past papers.

Reaction score
Thank you soo much.Pak Studies isnt taht difficult, for geo esp, which is easier u need to read the book thoroughly atleast 3 times and then attempt pasta papers from 2019 and going backwards, u can also use notes of some credible teacher depending where u live.Now comes the difficult part, which is history ,u need to make ur own notes and ur own answers, regularly consult the mark scheme and religiously follow the examiner report.Also u should use notes and answers, i personally attempted all past papers from 2001 to 2020, the format for the 14 marks in 2001 and 2020 is same and questions do get oft repeated, i only did written practice of difficult questions from 2001 to 2015, but from 2015 onwards i have solved every single question(Yes, all 5 of 1 paper)

Reaction score
Plus you have a lot of time so dont get discouraged
Thanks a lot, man. This was really helpful. The light's out right now and my data is going to end soon, so I'll just sit in the balcony and read the textbooks to pass the time XD.

Thank you really. I pray your exams go well and you pass with good grades, InshaAllah.

P.S: Those 'pasta papers' sound pretty delicious :)

Reaction score
broo what about the last history chapter
foreign relations, i have completed history except section 2 and that chp is left its just jskakkaka
idk if i should skip it because im already skipping section 2
exactly why i am suggesting past papers, just go through the past papers for that chapter, some of the relations were never even asked and they're mentioned in the textbook so at this point, studying from the book is a waste of time.

Skipping section 2 will def put you in a difficult situation pal. Section 2 according to me is the backbone of history paper, you should have prioritised section 2 over any other section.

Again go through the past papers - dont waste more time with the textbook. Good luck!

Reaction score
Thanks. Again. I never studied Pak Studies before (I came here from UAE) and I have to appear for Pak Studies next year in May/June.
Oh hey! Don't worry. So many people have gone through this same situation. I came from UAE back in 2016 so i can def relate. So next year you will only be appearing for Pak studies?

I gave pak studies and islamiyat together but took some time for urdu since i was terrible. (still am)

Reaction score
InshaAllah. I'm rooting for you, pal. I know you will ace them.

I'd hate to ask but, you got any tips or something for me for the Pak Studies paper? I am pretty much clueless on the matter and I barely have 8 months to learn and prepare the 3 History Sections, 12 Geography topics and those insanely huge amount of past papers.
Listen 8 months is more than enough, don't take too much stress regarding pak studies, islamiyat or urdu, these are literally formalities, some a level colleges don't even consider their grades in the admission process.

What you can do in those 8 months - is first of all start with the most difficult (or lengthy/dry) topics, why? Since you have so much time rn and hopefully the attention too then you should grasp as much info as you can out of these chapters so that later on you won't be stressing out over them (then you can focus on the chapters that you can easily understand/not that conceptual)

Following are the chapters you should study first:

History
Section 1:

What were the causes and consequences of the decline of the Mughal Empire?
What were the causes and consequences of the decline of the Mughal Empire? continued
What were the causes and consequences of the War of Independence 1857–58?
How important was the work of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan to the development of the Pakistan Movement during the 19th century?

Section 2:
All (except How important were the contributions of Jinnah, Allama Iqbal and Rahmat Ali to the success of the Pakistan Movement to 1947?)

Section 3:
All

I am asking you to skip religious thinkers, regional languages and contributions of Jinnah etc at first - why? Because these three chapters can be easily understood and are usually generalised (not many different types of question are asked - they can easily be studied from past papers as well)
So yeah so far these are the chapters you should be doing first. (according to me)

Geography
Chapter 1: Topography
Chapter 2: Climate
Chapter 3: Water
Chapter 4: Forests
Chapter 5: Minerals

Chapter 6: Fish
Chapter 7: Power resources
Chapter 8: Agriculture
Chapter 9: Industries

Chapter 10: Trade
Chapter 11: Transport and telecommunications
Chapter 12: Population

Highlighted once should be studied first.

As for the past papers:
I would suggest buying topical past papers at least (because yearly can be easily found online - topical not so much) and after completing each chapter - solve past papers for that particular chapter (so you will have an idea of questions that will be asked) also it is not necessary to solve literally ALL topical past papers - make a limit for yourself because I know how mentally tiring it can be - (so let's say your limit is 15 Questions max, totally up to you)

A month before the exams - at least prepare yourself by going through last 5 years of past papers (yearly, for you it will be 2016-2020) and try to solve them by timing yourself. Because besides concepts - you will have timing problems, so it is better to prepare yourself for that too.

This much is more than enough! But if you're still facing problems then solve more past papers - better if you can make notes for yourself too, by identifying your weak points (make a note of it - like lets say you think you haven't done a particular chapter properly, then make a note of revising it or if there are concepts you will easily forget then write them somewhere, basically make your own notes if you can. I cannot suggest you notes because i never studied pak studies from notes - just from books and past papers.)

Ps. if you have problems with searching up yearly past papers then let me know because paper numbers can be tricky and weird at first.

Last edited: