• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 6 Physics

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
yess
i am sure,I made it wrong though, I though it was like a mug so made it 100cm^3. Ill explain shortly. The coffe cup is so small that it's diameter is something like 2cm, It's impossible to be 100cm^3 hence it's 10

and fo your question do u mean first question in the exam or the last page :O ? :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

First question .. the length of a ... line between rigth angled side B and centre of mass point.Should it be in cm or mm ?[/quote]

oh yeah remembered that

it was in cm, and my answer was 4.0 cm

Reaction score
c00ldodo said:
DowntownCrew said:
yess
i am sure,I made it wrong though, I though it was like a mug so made it 100cm^3. Ill explain shortly. The coffe cup is so small that it's diameter is something like 2cm, It's impossible to be 100cm^3 hence it's 10

and fo your question do u mean first question in the exam or the last page :O ? :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

First question .. the length of a ... line between rigth angled side B and centre of mass point.Should it be in cm or mm ?

oh yeah remembered that

it was in cm, and my answer was 4.0 cm[/quote]

Actually does it MUST be in cm or it can be in mm too (4.3cm=43mm) ? I get 4.3 like others here and probably they will accept 4.4 , so 4.0 comes wrong.How did you get that ? -.-'

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
c00ldodo said:
DowntownCrew said:
yess

First question .. the length of a ... line between rigth angled side B and centre of mass point.Should it be in cm or mm ?

oh yeah remembered that

it was in cm, and my answer was 4.0 cm

Actually does it MUST be in cm or it can be in mm too (4.3cm=43mm) ? I get 4.3 like others here and probably they will accept 4.4 , so 4.0 comes wrong.How did you get that ? -.-'[/quote]
lol ??? 4.0 isnt wrong
there is a range dude, 0.1 is impossible to be the range, plus my friends here also have around 4.1-4.6 so yea

Reaction score
I really hope , but check similar questions in pastpapers , they can accept if your answer is 0.1 bigger or smaller , but 4.0 ?! That is mistake made in 3-4 mm! In diagrams it is unlikely they will accept it.

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
I really hope , but check similar questions in pastpapers , they can accept if your answer is 0.1 bigger or smaller , but 4.0 ?! That is mistake made in 3-4 mm! In diagrams it is unlikely they will accept it.
dude the fig was so vague, and those lines didnt have to match exactly,I mean when you had the triangle in the middle, You could simply put the "X" point anywhere in the small triangle, And the triangle i measured i made sure the measurments was correct so stop breaking my bones and tell me i'll loose the mark for GOD sake !

Reaction score
c00ldodo said:
DowntownCrew said:
dude the fig was so vague, and those lines didnt have to match exactly,I mean when you had the triangle in the middle, You could simply put the "X" point anywhere in the small triangle, And the triangle i measured i made sure the measurments was correct so stop breaking my bones and tell me i'll loose the mark for GOD sake !

In question they clearly said "Find the best center of mass" ... I made a cross exactly in the middle of that triangle and I get 4.3 , and it is logical to make it in around the middle. I REALLY HOPE YOU GET YOUR MARKS , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LOSE ANYTHING , OKAY ?!

Btw do u remember did they mention cm or mm in the question ?! I didn't see it.

Reaction score
In question they clearly said "Find the best center of mass" ... I made a cross exactly in the middle of that triangle and I get 4.3 , and it is logical to make it in around the middle. I REALLY HOPE YOU GET YOUR MARKS , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LOSE ANYTHING , OKAY ?!

I did the same and I got 4.3 cm too.

Reaction score
Cozmo35d said:

I did the same and I got 4.3 cm too.

Yeah , that's the most likely way to get it.

Cozmo please tell me do u remember did they mention cm or mm ?? Is it wrong to put 4.3 cm instead of 43 mm or opposite ?

Reaction score
ahhh..easy ppr...!!!
but goin to loose marks in distance 'a' nd measurements of keyboard...!!!! :(
rest awl..goodd..:D :D
nd guys..wat were u getting for cmbined resistance of the 1st diagram...in which bulbs were parallel..?? :$

Reaction score
Natashakhan said:
ahhh..easy ppr...!!!
but goin to loose marks in distance 'a' nd measurements of keyboard...!!!! :(
rest awl..goodd..:D :D
nd guys..wat were u getting for cmbined resistance of the 1st diagram...in which bulbs were parallel..?? :$

you simply add the resistance which turned out to be 11.xx "cant remember xx"

Reaction score
For the Resistance i did Product of resistance/Sum of resistances because they were parallel

Reaction score
Mclovin said:
For the Resistance i did Product of resistance/Sum of resistances because they were parallel

It just told you to add them, I was going to use the formula, but they always specify in paper 6.

The area of the keyboard was closer to 0.07m^2

This is because to find cm^2 in m^2, you divide by (100x100) Which is ten thousand.

Also, working in metres, 50cm width, 20cm length, = 0.5*0.2= 0.1, closer to 0.07 than 0.7..

That is, if I remember rightly, it said Computer keyboard.

Otherwise it is wrong xD.

My distance a was 4.3cm I believe, the same as my friends.

For the mirror question, my two angles were slightly different, but that should be acceptable should it not, seen as there was only a 2 degree difference. However, most of my friends got the same as me, but then lied in their answers. So, if they are supposed to be the same, I would've lost the accuracy mark for the angle of reflection ):

Reaction score
The possible answers may be
1. Thickness of mirror
2. Thickness of pins
3. Parallax error
4. Pins aren't on same line
These I think is correct

Reaction score
mido4help said:
1. Thickness of mirror
2. Thickness of pins
3. Parallax error
These I think is correct

I put thickness of the pins and Parallax error! :D

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Alright , discussion allowed ?!

unplugged and .. ahmoosh I think ... THOSE who said the answer for keyboard is 0.07 - YOU ARE RIGHT! ... I made mistake.
And the guy who imagined a keyboard with his hands on table - crazy but perfect , you did a good job.I hope the surrounding candidates were not looking at you , but who cares you scored your marks :D

It was an easy paper , I'm expecting 36-37 , although the only mistake I found till now is keyboard , rest is okay.
Can someone tell me about resistance diagram ? I just rearranged to parallel , can someone draw or illustrate somehow please ?!
And yeah , in question number one I get 4.3 cm .. I don't remember did they mention cm or mm in question , 4.3 cm = 43 mm so both would be accepted if they DIDN'T mention it.

The rest was easy.
hahah, that was me.
I dont mind if anyone saw me, i was doing what i needed to do to get the answer, too bad i didnt use a formula and find the Current , i put down 12 A :(

Reaction score
SexyFag said:
DowntownCrew said:
Alright , discussion allowed ?!

unplugged and .. ahmoosh I think ... THOSE who said the answer for keyboard is 0.07 - YOU ARE RIGHT! ... I made mistake.
And the guy who imagined a keyboard with his hands on table - crazy but perfect , you did a good job.I hope the surrounding candidates were not looking at you , but who cares you scored your marks :D

It was an easy paper , I'm expecting 36-37 , although the only mistake I found till now is keyboard , rest is okay.
Can someone tell me about resistance diagram ? I just rearranged to parallel , can someone draw or illustrate somehow please ?!
And yeah , in question number one I get 4.3 cm .. I don't remember did they mention cm or mm in question , 4.3 cm = 43 mm so both would be accepted if they DIDN'T mention it.

The rest was easy.
hahah, that was me.
I dont mind if anyone saw me, i was doing what i needed to do to get the answer, too bad i didnt use a formula and find the Current , i put down 12 A :(

Yeah same, people were looking at me like what is he doing... Cause I was measuring my lap, in relation to my keyboard xD

Reaction score
xIshtar said:
mido4help said:
1. Thickness of mirror
2. Thickness of pins
3. Parallax error
These I think is correct

I put thickness of the pins and Parallax error! :D
I wrote thickness of pins...and pins might not be perpendicular to bench??! o_O