• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 5054

Reaction score
what about that copper wire one? asking about tempe and thickness ................given in a table in the MCQ .... was it D?

Reaction score
workaholic said:
The answer was A for MCQ 40 as the number of atoms dont chnge after the half life. Its just that they convert from unstable to stable.The qst asked for the no of atoms after 12 years not the no of unstable atoms thus answer wud be 40 million.

@nomercy:- Tum tu bura hi man gae!!!

Wait, what? Half-life is essentially the time taken for half of a substance to decay and if something has a half-life of 12 years, it means half of it decays in 12 years. Hence, if it starts with 40 million atoms, then after 12 years, it will have 20 million atoms. It doesn't matter if they give you the mass of the substance or the number of atoms, half of it will decay nonetheless.

Reaction score
half life is the time taken for the rate of emissions to reduce by half
the mass of the sample does not alter

i'm quoting this directly from a book

btw did the question ask simply no of atoms or no of deuterium atoms

Reaction score
did the question ask the number of undecayed atoms left or simply the number of atoms left??

Reaction score
Well it said no.of atoms for sure....
My friend gave me this shock after the paper and he said that hed read the qst 4 times?? So its bound to be correct

Reaction score
the number of atoms emitting radiation are definitely halved! the question however did not ask about how many radioactive atoms remained...it asked about how many atoms remained. The no. of atoms remains the same. Unstable nuclei become stable nuclei by emitting radiation!

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
what about that copper wire one? asking about tempe and thickness ................given in a table in the MCQ .... was it D?

please answer this too

Reaction score
thickness should be more and temperature low..i dont remember but i think kei it was A

Reaction score
i dont remember the options no. but it was the one with increase in thickness and decrease in temperature.....both of these decrease resistance

Reaction score
what abt MCQ 2....the pipe one....the internal diameter is measured by vernier calipers for sure, but wat is the the length measured by???? tape or meter rule??

Reaction score
for a length like 80 cm metre rule is more feasible as it has an accuracy of 1 cm and if you see the past papers..for answers like it the length of such kind is alwayz measured by metre rule

Reaction score
doesn't tape have the same accuracy?? still....metre rule does seem more sensible! :\

Reaction score
dont worry bro.. even if one MCQ is wrong you still get an A star with 98 percent :)

Reaction score
oh i think i got tht temperature one wrong :( ............... what about that one about velocity and acceleration? it was in the start of MCQs asking what would be acceleration , constant at 0 , constant at 10 .... n some more options..........what was its answer?