• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 5054

Reaction score
Ahsan, I want you to marry me. Or not. I'm straight. And I like apple pies. And blueberry, as well.
But that's not the point, the point is you saved me from suffering from a heart attack. B)

Reaction score
man......................was shocked ....................but now RELAXED.................AHH :)

Reaction score
littlecloud11 said:
it was chemical energy to gravitational potential energy + heat (i think)
and as for the temp difference its because initially as the water temp. rises the difference with the surrounding temp. increases, so heat is lost more rapidly to the surrounding and the water temp. rises slowly afterward. @ vishal

Actually, it would be Chemical Energy --> Kinetic Energy --> Potential Energy. As for the differences in change of temperatures, I just wrote that the rise in temperature per unit time isn't constant (non-linear), hence the change in temperature is less as time goes by.

Reaction score
I also wrote pin. Damn i almost got a heart attack.
Super Dude you are right about the energy changes. Chemical-kinetic-potential. however some energy is also lost as heat

Reaction score
What did u guys write about the microwave mcq... I wrote B (detecting cracks in metal)... Hope its rite

Reaction score
The question about heating water and why temperature decrease less is because - when temperature increases the rate of evaporation decreases.Evaporation cools down the liquid. Therefore the temperature rise is less higher than earlier.

Can som1 tell me the answer for the question in p2 about Draw Wave B or sometihing and BN is between 2 wavefronts.... Is wave B drawn opposite ot wave A(inverted) with same frequency and wavelenght ???

For the microwae question i chose detecting cracks because other thing (cooking vegies, tanning and other one) use other parts of electromagnetic spectrum ( infrared )

Reaction score
lionkill3r said:
The question about heating water and why temperature decrease less is because - when temperature increases the rate of evaporation decreases.Evaporation cools down the liquid. Therefore the temperature rise is less higher than earlier.

Can som1 tell me the answer for the question in p2 about Draw Wave B or sometihing and wave 2 is between 2 wavefronts.... Is wave B drawn opposite ot wave A(inverted) with same frequency and wavelenght ???

i made shape sorta like in wall-e when he and eve are flying in space... or like dna.

Reaction score
Firebender said:
or like dna.
oooh same here :D

Another question is in the physics p4 about the lens experiment to find focal length.
Is it putting a an illuminating object very close to the lens and moving a mirror till an inverted and magnified image is formed ???

Reaction score
It is microwaves. At first i thought that it was detecting cracks but then i figured that X rays are used for that purpose. So yea it definetely think its micrwaves

Reaction score
err correct me if i am wrong but Microwave ovens use infrared rays ot heat and mobile phones and stuff use microwaves to transmit signals right ??? So how could heating vegies use microwaves :mad:
As i said earlier ichose detecting cracks coz thats da only sensible one ( ithink )

Reaction score
i know it tht microwaves do not use it................but still i also knew that other options werent correct too.....and i was sure that detecting rocks is done by X RAYS OR gamma ones.....so it cant be micro ones