• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQs thread.

Reaction score
there is one forward force in horizontal direction and one normal force so ans is B

Reaction score
hassam said:

Ok so first of all fringe separation, x, is only changed by things in this formula; x= λD/a

This eliminates three of the options. Light will somehow bend towards bottom when passing through that glass, so fringe pattern will shift to bottom.

Reaction score
why its forward ?i thought the friction force will act in opposite direction , as it says total force exerted by the road

Reaction score
A narrow beam of monochromatic light is incident normally on a diffraction grating. Third-order
diffracted beams are formed at angles of 45
o to the original direction.
What is the highest order of diffracted beam produced by this grating?
A 3rd B 4th C 5th D 6th
HOW TO SOLVE THIS ? :eek:

Reaction score
32 The filament of a 240 V, 100 W electric lamp heats up from room temperature to its operating
temperature. As it heats up, its resistance increases by a factor of 16.
What is the resistance of this lamp at room temperature?
A 36 Ω B 580 Ω C 1.5 kΩ D 9.2 kΩ
does this factor of 16 means 1/16...i am cnfused cos at the same time he says resistance has increased

Reaction score
hassam said:
U MEAN LIGHT WILL GET DIFFRACTED AT THAT EDGE OF GLASS RYT.....?

I don't know if "diffraction" is proper word to use, but what I can safely say is that it bends.

Reaction score
hassam said:
32 The filament of a 240 V, 100 W electric lamp heats up from room temperature to its operating
temperature. As it heats up, its resistance increases by a factor of 16.
What is the resistance of this lamp at room temperature?
A 36 Ω B 580 Ω C 1.5 kΩ D 9.2 kΩ
does this factor of 16 means 1/16...i am cnfused cos at the same time he says resistance has increased

The operating values of power and voltage are the values when it heats up. At that time its resistance = 576 ohms, and at room temperature it's 16 times this value, s0 576/16 = 36 ohm. A must be the answer.

Reaction score
A narrow beam of monochromatic light is incident normally on a diffraction grating. Third-order
A 3rd B 4th C 5th D 6th
HOW TO SOLVE THIS ? ?????????

Reaction score
Hateexams93 said:
A 3rd B 4th C 5th D 6th

First of all find the ratio d/λ using using "dsin(theta)=nλ putting n=3 and theta = 45

then use value of this ratio by again using the same formula but putting sin(theta) = 1 because this is its max value. This way you'll get value of new n in decimal form. The answer will be the whole number just below that decimal value.

EDIT: I guess you must wait at least for an hour before copying, pasting and posting the question again. =/

Reaction score
Zishi said:
Hateexams93 said:
A 3rd B 4th C 5th D 6th

First of all find the ratio d/λ using using "dsin(theta)=nλ putting n=3 and theta = 45

then use value of this ratio by again using the same formula but putting sin(theta) = 1 because this is its max value. This way you'll get value of new n in decimal form. The answer will bt the whole number just below that decimal value.

EDIT: I guess you must wait at least for an hour before copying, pasting and posting the question again. =/

The ans is B rite?

Reaction score
aliya_zad said:
Zishi said:
Hateexams93 said:
A 3rd B 4th C 5th D 6th

then use value of this ratio by again using the same formula but putting sin(theta) = 1 because this is its max value. This way you'll get value of new n in decimal form. The answer will bt the whole number just below that decimal value.

The ans is B rite?

Yep.